Site Manager Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Administrative / Management Jobs - Knoxville - 144 views
Job TitleSite ManagerPrimary LocationDes Plaines, IllinoisEmployee TypeEmployeeJob Description
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN): is a non-hazardous solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, and recycling services in the U.S. and Canada. Our employees foster a work culture of Servant Leadership.
Our goal is to create an environment where self-directed, empowered employees strive to consistently fulfill our constituent commitments and seek to create positive impacts through interactions with customers, communities, and fellow employees, always relying on our Operating Values as the foundation for our existence.
Because we operate with a highly decentralized structure, we look for individuals who are energetic and have individual initiative and creativity. Bring your passion to succeed and youll quickly discover that great opportunities are all around you. At Waste Connections, youll thrive if you are friendly, dedicated, and prefer a work hard/play harder culture that is focused on maintaining our reputation as the premier waste services company in the markets we serve.
Why you need to join us!
Waste Connections is not only the best waste services company in North America, it is also an amazing place to realize your potential, make decisions, have your voice heard, and partner with extremely hard working and passionate people! We seek servant leaders, mentors, top performers, and fun people. At Waste Connections, we value each individuals unique background, experience, and passion to make us a great place to work.
Our people mean everything to us.
CULTURE: Its a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
INTEGRITY: Our definition is saying what you will do and then doing it! We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
SWANCC has an immediate opening at their Glenview, IL facility for a Site Manager to work in their Transfer Station. This position will focus on the management of the day to day operations of an industrial processing facility. Qualified candidates will have at a minimum three years of supervisory experience, preferably in comparable industry. Candidates should also have knowledge of P&L statements along with a proven ability to manage within budgeted guidelines and set production, safety, maintenance and cost-cutting goals. Strong written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency are required.
- Running the day to day operations of the business with emphasis on safety and quality.
- Monitor progress of daily operations, reassigns employees, and makes staffing changes as necessary.
- Direct and coordinate the operations of the business including; Receiving, Sorting, Maintenance, Shipping, Managing Expenses and ensuring the business runs successfully and efficiently.
- Helps develop and execute safety goals.
- Conducts field inspections and audits of all site personnel to ensure proper work procedures.
- Oversees a variety of complex compliance programs, including environmental, OSHA, and local permitting.
- Ensure customer inbound audits are performed on a regular basis and documented. Follow through with communication to ensure designated customer is notified of results.
- Establish variable costs budgetary guidelines and set expectations to meet objectives.
- Implement preventive maintenance program and ensure program tools are used and PM work is done and on time.
- Analyze every operation and activity and eliminate inefficiencies and non-productive steps.
- Bachelor's degree
- Ability to relocate for promotional opportunities based on performance
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle multiple priorities
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Excel and related business systems
- Open for quarterly travel
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)
Waste Connections Inc. is an integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services in mostly exclusive and secondary markets. Our goal is to create an environment where self-directed, empowered employees strive to consistently fulfill our constituent commitments and seek to create positive impacts through interactions with customers, communities, and fellow employees.
Our People Mean Everything to Us
Waste Connections is always working to protect the health of the communities we serve, and we are grateful for the hard work and dedication that you bring to your job every day. Working here means you are a safety-minded individual who is making important contributions on a daily basis that will make a positive impact on those around you. We appreciate that you are a person of integrity who takes pride in the work you do.