Site Engineer - SpaceFinish Africa Bachelor's Degree Job2 weeks ago - Engineering / Technical Job - Lagos - 521 views
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Project Manager is responsible for the planning and supervising of a wide range of construction projects from start to finish.
- He/she will organize and oversee construction procedures and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- An excellent Project Manager must be well-versed in all construction methodologies and procedures and able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results.
- The goal will be to ensure all projects are delivered on time according to requirements and without exceeding budget.
Principal Duties / Responsibilities
- Site Assessment and Analysis - Plan and execute assessments of project sites to evaluate suitability for built environment operations.
- Quality Management System - Adherence and compliance with internal quality requirements, client expectations, quality standards, and/or regulations
- Site Supervision and Coordination - Manage operations to ensure timely and quality delivery of project outcomes
- Health, Safety and Incident Management
- Manage emergency response plans for the range of contingencies affecting work operations on a site.
- Implement procedures and practices to ensure a safe and reliable site environment
- Dispute Resolution - manage disputes by implementing appropriate resolution approaches to find solutions to disagreements
- Report Writing.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or Architecture from a recognized tertiary institution.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a Site Engineering role within the construction industry.
Skills and Competency Requirements:
- A detail-oriented individual with a preferred background in architecture (if this is not possible, then a background in Civil engineering is the second choice)
- They should have the ability to understand architectural and MEP drawings.
- Experience using software like AutoCAD or Revit is a plus. But not a deal-breaker.
- Most candidates would tend to have experience in general exterior construction. So a candidate that has experience with interior fit-outs is a plus.
- The candidate has to understand Site Supervision and Coordination (Manage operations, understand the sequencing of tasks to ensure timely and quality delivery of project outcomes)
- They should have experience reading a project management Program Of Works
- Great communication is key as the candidate would have to engage different stakeholders ranging from - Clients who would visit the site, artisans who will be working on-site, and the Spacefinish technical teams.
- Good writing ability. The candidate would be expected to write reports
- Project confidence when speaking, as is a skill needed to influence across various stakeholder levels.
- They should have worked in mid to large-sized construction companies in the past, where they had to manage more than 2 projects at any given time, and multiple vendors under them.
- A high degree of familiarity with contract and subcontract documents, terms, and conditions.
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Possess a strong HSE and Quality focus
- Must be detail-oriented.
- N100,000 - N180,000 monthly.
Application Closing Date
25th July, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.