Shipping Clerk, Distribution Center in Crete, Nebraska | Careers at Crete DC, NE Relevant Educational Qualifications Job5 months ago - Other categories - Crete - 204 views
Responsibilities and tasks are written as follows:
- Handles a wide variety of paperwork including purchase orders, return authorizations, delivery notes and other shipping documents.
- Reviews all delivery notes for special instructions and highlights them for material handlers.
- Directs movement of shipments from shipping and receiving platforms to storage and work areas.
- Prepares all special labels for customer orders.
- Provides information to customer service representatives when requested.
- Help ensures proper storage, inventory and security of all product stocks.
- Schedules inbound and outbound loads.
- Maintains a log of inbound and outbound commercial vehicles.
- Provides timely and professional communication with carriers, 3rd party logistics companies and internal/external customers.
- Maintains appropriate records, files and documentation. Resolves routine problems.
- Utilizes SAP to print pick lists, confirm and post orders, and determine order information such as carrier, ship date, pro numbers, etc.
- Ensures orders are shipped in time to arrive by customers requested delivery date.
- Acts as a backup to other office personnel, when necessary.
- Works with the internal customers to document and track carrier issues.
- Utilizes continuous improvement mindset, assists in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Maintains a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), required.
- Previous experience working in a Shipping environment where processing of customer orders was completed, preferred.
- General knowledge of shipping procedures, a plus.
- Ability to perform basic math functions including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to operate a forklift, preferred.
- Computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office, SAP and other office equipment.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced setting and effectively work in a team environment.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Bilingual, preferred.
- May be required to work long hours, holidays and weekends.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The work environment and phyiscal demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The DC environment will include extreme cold and heat (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical equipment such as forklifts/hi-lifts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the loading areas.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to stand, use hands and/or fingers to grasp, handle, feel, reach and pull; and talk or hear. Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield's benefits, visit (please use the apply button below)
About Smithfield Foods
Headquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. Our 40,000 U.S. and 15,000 European employees are dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly.(R)" and have made us one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies. We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including many industry firsts, such as our ambitious commitment to cut our carbon impact by 25 percent by 2025. We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our neighbors in need. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield(R), Eckrich(R) and Nathan's Famous(R), among many others. For more information, visit (please use the apply button below), and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status, status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job characteristic as directed by law.
|apply nowapply now|