Service Support Manager Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Other categories - New Berlin - 244 views
At SPX Transformer Solutions, we are committed to hiring the best and most talented people and providing them with the tools and opportunities necessary for them to not only excel at what they do every day, but also fuel their workplace passions and transform their careers. Mentoring, training and development activities by industry experts abound, while the nature of the business encourages cross-functional and interdepartmental learning, communication and teamwork that lead to continuous improvement in all areas. Desired competencies include self-motivation, creative problem-solving, compulsion to make a difference and the ability to work well with others in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
This role is responsible for customer technical support, warranty administration, and service part support for the products produced in SPX Transformer Solutions Waukesha, WI facility. This individual will represent our company when assisting customer with their concerns and on-going transformer support needs.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Hire, train and supervise an office staff to support the various technical service functions.
- Properly represent SPX Transformer Solutions with our customers and issue appropriate communications as required.
- Be a conduit of information and communication between SPXTS customers, sales representatives, and internal technical resources
- Provide technical support to SPX Transformer Solutions customers, service, and component sales team members to diagnose transformer concerns and implement resolution strategies
- Assure that customer service instructions are accurate and implemented as needed to support customer and SPXTS service needs
- Administer the SPXTS warranty and field resolution processes
- Coordinate the schedule of repairs and technician responsibilities with SPXTS Service & Components team members
- Schedules service representatives for normal installation, dress out, and repair of transformers and associated components as needed to ensure customer satisfaction
- Management and coordination of transformer field return processes
- Support shipping damage resolution through technical assessment and coordination of replacement material
- Analyze performance field data and utilize metrics to drive continuous improvement in needed systems and components
- Administer and improve the customer complaint process and take appropriate action to resolve problems to the customers' satisfaction.
- Manage the corrective action process and associated customer reporting to drive resolution to critical field application concerns
- Manage service part sales, acquisition, and fulfillment processes, including the supervision of team members responsible for OEM component and spare part order fulfillment.
- Work with other SPXTS teams & locations to establish and maintain a pricing strategy for the sale of OEM components and spare parts.
The above description covers the principal function of the job. It is not intended to be a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or substantially similar duties, which may be assigned during normal or emergency operations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- A working knowledge of the manufacturing processes, inspection/test methods, and field test methods for the manufacture and installation of our transformers.
- Through adequate industrial experience must have demonstrated administrative ability and general knowledge of customer support, engineering, industrial product support & installation administration.
- Effectively manages team members, including technicians and advisors, to ensure team objectives and sales goals are being carried out
- Displays extensive working knowledge of industry standards and practices, including product details and company services offered
- Offers exemplary customer service, including maintaining customer relationships and ensuring repeat customers by upselling products and services and taking care of any customer concerns or complaints quickly and professionally
- Assists with or performs administrative tasks
- Develops working knowledge of industry regulations, restrictions, and laws, and ensures service department adheres to all regulations
- Sets up and maintains service desk, including managing service desk team members and evaluating desk efficiency
- Resolves service desk problems and improves current service desk methods to increase productivity and customer service
- Monitors department issues and client complaints to define patterns and work to lessen those recurring issues
- Regularly audits work being done and customer service being provided to ensure all standards are met and that repair work is carried out effectively, correctly, and thoroughly
- Oversees team members performing inspections, preparing reports, and doing repairs; if necessary, carries out these job duties personally to ensure highest quality of work
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Required Education / Experience
- Degree in Engineering or Industrial Management from an accredited school or equivalent specialized training and experience
- Transformer industry experience is preferred with knowledge of a transformers life cycle and support needs during its different phases of life.
SPX Transformer Solutions, Inc. (formerly Waukesha Electric Systems, Inc.), is one of the largest U.S. manufacturers of power transformers and a valued supplier of complete transformer service solutions, components and replacement parts as well as a variety of substation-applicable training classes for all skill levels including a large number of comprehensive LTC maintenance courses. We employ approximately 1,200 people throughout the United States and operate manufacturing facilities at our headquarters location in Waukesha, WI as well as Goldsboro, NC and Dallas, TX.
SPX is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
Thank you for your interest in our company.
Type here to search...
SPX Corporation (NYSE: SPXC) is, along with its subsidiaries, a diversified, global supplier of infrastructure equipment with scalable growth platforms in heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), detection, and measurement, and engineered solutions. With operations in 17 countries and approximately $1.4 billion in annual revenue, we offer a wide array of highly engineered products with strong brands.
Are you looking for a challenge and an exciting professional career path? At SPX Corporation, we’re driven by ingenuity with a focus on meeting our customers’ needs. We seek people who share our commitment to hard work, innovation, and doing whatever it takes to serve our customers.