Server in Smithfield, Virginia | Careers at Taste of Smithfield, Relevant Educational Qualifications Job4 months ago - Other categories - Smithfield - 116 views
The server position at Taste of Smithfield is essential to delivering genuine southern hospitality to our guests. Our servers deliver both our concept and our food to patrons with grace and impeccable product knowledge. Teamwork is the backbone of our success. Our service team maintains a clean work environment for the benefit of our guests while executing service to the fullest.
- Greets all guests - restaurant and retail - with genuine southern hospitality.
- Presents restaurant guests with menus, gives a brief description of what our restaurant is all about, and suggestively sells.
- Communicates customer orders to kitchen staff; ensures orders are assembled properly prior to delivery and verifies customer satisfaction.
- Runs food as it hits the window no matter whose food it may be and assists any guest that may need assistance in the dining room.
- Pre-buses tables and ensures they are kept tidy and completely clear before check presentation.
- Observes principles of safe food handling and service. Follows all relevant health department rules and regulations.
- Processes payments.
- Promotes our retail shop to restaurant guests.
- Promotes our brand with knowledge and pride.
- Responsible for ongoing side work such as rolling silverware, slicing fruit for beverage garnish, restocking condiments on tables, and refilling condiments on tables.
- Performs other duties as required such as sweeping, mopping floors, bathrooms and taking out trash.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Previous serving experience in a high-volume restaurant setting, preferred.
- Strong food & beverage knowledge including beer, wine, and spirits.
- Must have a Food Handler's Card or be willing to obtain prior to start date.
- Knowledge & awareness of health and safety issues.
- Ability to operate a POS register system including processing credit card and cash transactions.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Genuine commitment to excellence, success & great service.
- Team player, willingness to take direction, strong work ethic.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift, carry, deliver and serve from trays weighing up to 50 lbs. throughout assigned shifts.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to bend, twist, walk and stand for long periods of time - up to eight hours; use hands to reach or feel, and talk or hear.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Kitchen environment can be hot, humid, and busy at key meal times.
Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield's benefits, visit (please use the apply button below)
About Smithfield Foods
Headquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. Our 40,000 U.S. and 15,000 European employees are dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly.(R)" and have made us one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies. We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including many industry firsts, such as our ambitious commitment to cut our carbon impact by 25 percent by 2025. We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our neighbors in need. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield(R), Eckrich(R) and Nathan's Famous(R), among many others. For more information, visit (please use the apply button below), and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Smithfield is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status, status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job characteristic as directed by law.
We offer opportunities for advancement, academic scholarships, and one of the best safety records in the industry.
We Foster a Welcoming Workplace.
With a goal of maintaining low employee injury rates, we prioritize the health, safety, learning and development and well-being of our employees.