Senior Underwriting Consultant Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Other categories - Chesterfield - 115 views
Under limited supervision, evaluates and classifies medical, non-medical, and financial risks on complex risks for life insurance up to $10,000,000 with approval authority up to $4,000,000. Ensures rate quotes are fair and equitable to clients, profitable to RGA Re, and completed within required time frames. Maintains strong client relationships by providing underwriting solutions to client issues and communicating underwriting decisions, compromises and solutions in a professional, client-focused manner.
- Appraises and underwrites complex risks for life insurance with approval authority up to $4,000,000 and ensures underwriting quotes are sound, competitive and profitable to RGA Re.
- Underwrites traditional facultative reinsurances cases as well as participates in SUP programs underwriting for the direct carriers and provides support for the Facultative Call Desk and ASAP.
- Processes casework load to ensure completion in a timely, efficient manner, meeting or exceeding time service/productivity goals and offer/decline ratios; and ensuring compliance with internal underwriting and audit guidelines.
- Provides underwriting solutions to clients by partnering with them to identify unique, creative ways to solve their problems and improve their business results.
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with clients by gaining knowledge of clients' business and uses effective listening skills to understand their needs. Effectively communicates, sells and negotiates RGA Re's underwriting decisions.
- Keeps abreast of new client company or industry products, current developments and changes in medical and financial underwriting and maintains/updates professional development through study of literature and participation in seminars.
- Identifies image system issues, sometimes on a remote basis, and reports inconsistencies or problems.
- Collaborates with Medical Directors, other team members, internal departments and other RGA Re offices to obtain expert knowledge, to assist in identifying solutions and resolutions to problems/issues resulting in quality results and client satisfaction.
- Participates in special projects, committees, and meetings and assists in client presentations, as required.
- Assists in department training, updating internal underwriting guidelines/procedures, gathering client profiles, audit reviews, and in other department areas as needed.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Performs backup support and other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent related work experience (minimum 8 years)
4-6 years reinsurance underwriting experience or 7-8 years direct underwriting experience
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Basic Word skills, intermediate SQL/Query and Excel skills
- Competent ability to comprehend and interpret insurance and contract documents.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills demonstrating ability to share and impart knowledge
- Ability to quickly adapt to new methods, work under tight deadlines and stressful conditions
- Advanced investigative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Advanced ability to set goals and handle multiple tasks, clients, and projects simultaneously; Ability to appropriately balance priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Ability to work well within a team environment and participate in department/team projects
- Ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives
- Advanced ability to translate business needs and problems into viable/accepted solutions
- Advanced skills in customer relationship management and change management
- Ability to manage multiple projects or teams and set applicable goals
- Advanced negotiating and persuasion skills
- Ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines
- General business knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of insurance principles, underwriting policies and procedures and guidelines for dealing with risk analysis
- Advanced knowledge of medicine, law, accounting, finance as applied to the evaluation of life reinsurance risks and of life insurance risks
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and apply vast amounts of medical and financial information quickly to making sound financial underwriting and risk assessments
- Ability to work online, either at home or remote
- Ability to travel occasionally
- BS/BA Science or Business
- ACS, ALU, FLMI, FALU, or CLU accreditation or progress towards accreditation
- 8+ years reinsurance or impaired risk (direct) underwriting experience
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is one of the largest global providers of life reinsurance, with offices around the world. RGA delivers expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting and product development. Our mission is to enhance our clients' prosperity by supporting their financial and risk management capabilities. CO salary range is $78,040 - $115K base. RGA offers our employees a full range of benefits for our employees to choose from including medical, dental, life insurance, disability, 401K, PTO and other ancillary benefits such as tuition reimbursement.
|apply nowapply now|
Smart people work smarter when they are empowered – when they use logic, but embrace creative problem solving; when their curiosity is encouraged to further innovation; and when they are recognized for seeking out the unknown. It is with this philosophy that RGA has built a business and engaged a workforce inspired to transform the insurance industry.