Senior Technical Program Management Lead Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 weeks ago - Other categories - Santa Monica - 42 views
Hulus Media Engineering team is seeking a Senior Technical Program Management Lead who will be an excellent addition to our team. Voted the #1 company in Los Angeles by Hired, Hulu continues its staggering exponential growth and is on the path to become the number one choice for TV in and out of the home. As a result, we seek to continuously improve and scale our ability to deliver an extraordinary viewer experience.
This involves building platforms that can be consumed and contributed to by all service teams at Hulu. You will be a part of the team that counts the entire tech organization as their customers and is driven to meet their needs. Our video backend teams power services that handle the magic between a Hulu viewer clicking on the play button and playback start. As Hulu grows its subscriber base and delights our users with better experiences and innovative features, our teams continue to evolve our advanced A/V features, ad playback and video quality.
Do you share a real passion for working behind the scenes to help provide the best experience possible to the millions of Hulu viewers? Do you thrive in a team environment and gain happiness accomplishing ambitious initiatives that span across Hulu & DisneyTech? Then we believe this an awesome role for you and we'd love to hear from you!
WHAT YOULL DO
- Lead a team of highly motivated technical program managers, while being detail oriented and hands on. Team members might be across offices and remote.
- Actively coach and mentor team members in agile practices, enable your team to embody Hulu values and support their career development. Lead by example and build trust.
- Provide technical leadership and domain expertise during architectural and design discussions with engineering & product teams. Work with domain-specific engineering teams across the organization to identify team capacity and skills needed to deliver product features.
- Partner with engineering leads on continuous improvement of processes and supervise team health. Establish & measure critical metrics (Key Performance Indicators) across all teams & systems within Media Engineering Video Organization.
- Develop and improve the program management and planning processes for effective throughput across scrum teams & broader workstream. Create & maintain processes that streamline work intake for new features, technical debt, user feedback & bug fixes.
- Define & lead software platform roadmap in collaboration with Product and Engineering teams for production systems at scale. Evaluate trade-offs between project size, complexity, cost, urgency, risk, and business value while maintaining quality.
- Partner with key stakeholders to ensure visibility and alignment. Be a communication powerhouse to ensure the entire organization knows what the team is working on.
- Identify, assess and mitigate risks, provide critical issue management, anticipate and make trade-offs balancing the business needs versus constraints.
- You will have a point of view but won't overpower the room.
WHAT TO BRING
- Bachelors Degree in CS or a related technical field or equivalent relevant experience
- 5+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry.
- 2+ years of experience in people management and team leadership.
- Experienced in agile and lean software development methodologies & engineering best-practices.
- Awareness of streaming technology, AV codecs, DRMs, Streaming media protocols and formats, e.g. HLS and DASH
- Experience with Video player, CDNs and global distribution.
- Experience in shipping multiple products in an agile software development environment
- Innate ability to establish relationships and champion effective collaboration.
- Ability to lead concurrent projects, partner with multiple customers, and build consensus.
- Solid understanding of program management tools such as Trello, Jira, and Confluence.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Always transparent, you actively communicate and raise awareness of everything youre working on.
- Communication tools that allow you to effectively tell your team's story to a diverse set of technical and non-technical partners.
- Knowledge of service-oriented architecture, object-oriented development, build processes, change control and release management
- Understanding of how network, systems, application platform and monitoring capabilities power an amazing customer experience.
NICE TO HAVE
- Prior experience with Edge engineering & API Gateway systems, AWS, Datadog APM, Spinnaker, Terraform, etc, or other such cloud monitoring or continuous delivery platforms.
- Formal training in Agile/Scrum; certification a plus.
|apply nowapply now|