Senior Systems Engineer Relevant Educational Qualifications Job2 months ago - Other categories - Birmingham - 89 views
We help protect our customers against life's uncertainties. Regardless of where you work within the company, you'll be helping provide protection and peace of mind when our customers need it most.
Whether it's in accounting, claims, IT, investments, legal, marketing, sales, or another department, come be part of a company where you can accomplish your goals while contributing to our social mission of becoming America's most protective insurance company.
The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for the day-to-day support of server administration services and is responsible for supporting infrastructure technology implementations in Technology Support Services. The Senior Systems Engineer supports all Windows and Linux servers in the enterprise and works in tandem with storage engineers to provide enterprise server hosting and support. The Senior Systems Engineer is accountable for significantly contributing to the overall technical architecture, stability, resiliency, and general health related to server systems; is a top-level technical contributor with advanced knowledge and experience in the area of server administration, virtualization, cloud services, and related hardware/software. The responsibilities of this position also include the participation, planning and management of technical implementations of various size and scale, and leadership and training to Server Engineers.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Standard administration and support for all Windows and Linux servers in the enterprise
- Create and implement simple to complex scripted solutions for various operational support (Powershell, VMScripting, etc.)
- Participate in disaster recovery tests and planning
- Partner with peers and management to make informed strategic/big-picture decisions
- Research, recommend, and implement streamlined automation processes
- Provide support operations of multi-site, multi-vendor environments
- Integrate monitoring and configuration services as appropriate, self-teaching advance skills as required (SCCM, SCOM, etc.)
- As needed, contribute to the design, implementation and maintenance of: Virtualization solutions (Hyper-V and VMWARE); Citrix; Unix, Linux, and Wintel Servers; MS Azure and Office 365 AND Enterprise active directory (Windows), DHCP, DNS (external and internal), Certificate Services, FTP Services, and various other MS software solutions
- Participate in the assessment and optimization of the server systems, through systems monitoring, statistics, and daily health checks
- Serve as primary point of contact for various server projects in accordance with and support of business needs goals and objectives
- Work with ticket queue to track support issues. Accountable for routine and critical escalated problem solving.
- Assist team members to solve problems, make innovative improvements and make decisions
- Provide after-hours support
- Other duties as assigned
- College Degree Preferred with experience managing multiple technology projects of size and scale, industry certifications a plus
- Minimum 8 years of applicable work experience
- Minimum 4 years experience working in enterprise infrastructure environment with knowledge of various infrastructure disciplines such as networking, F5-load balancers, SAN storage, DMZ , application virtualization (Citrix, App-V), and cloud services
- Deep understanding of various server technologies (Linux, Windows, Citrix, VMWARE, Hyper-V)
- Deep understanding of Active Directory and Windows infrastructure services
- Deep understanding of HP server architecture (blades and traditional rack mount)
- Proficient in creating simple to complex scripted solutions for various tasks (Powershell, VMScripting, etc.)
- Ability to accommodate minimal travel (reasonable notice will be provided)
- Willing and available to provide on-call support
At Protective, we are committed to providing an inclusive culture where all employees fully contribute and thrive. We have always been a values-driven culture. Doing the right thing and serving people are part of our DNA, and we believe that valuing and embracing different backgrounds and perspectives is what makes us unique.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to being inclusive and attracting, retaining, and growing the talents of a diverse and inclusive workforce.