Senior Software Engineering Manager, Publishing Relevant Educational Qualifications Job5 months ago - Other categories - San Francisco - 105 views
Are you excited to bring the power of Niantic's Real World Platform to developers? Niantic's engineering team is seeking a leader to head the team that enables developers to craft and publish a new slate of incredible experiences on our real-world geospatial platform. You will work directly with our platform engineering team to democratize development of planet-scale AR experiences. You will lead engineers who will release and document easily understood, well-organized APIs. In addition, you and your team will provide direct support to developers throughout the entire lifecycle of platform adoption. You will guide developer teams from pre-contract prototyping, to initial development and integration, to publication by Niantic.
- Lead and grow the engineering team. You will directly lead, refine requirements and set expectations for engineers and tech writers who release multiple versions of platform binaries, APIs, SDK and documentation targeted for developers on the Niantic platform.
- Perform core performance management of engineers, tech writers and managers. You will mentor engineers on their day-to-day work and their career aspirations, conduct regular 1:1s with your reports, and evaluate their performance and set measurable goals that help them grow in the work and move the team and company forward.
- Direct a team that provides robust and timely technical expertise to external and internal development teams as they build planet-scale features for Niantic's AR/Geo platform.
- Employ emotional intelligence to defuse tensions and improve cross-team relations with internal and external partners.
- Document, design, and implement server and client APIs for planet-scale real-time concurrent networking, map rendering, player management and massive datastores in Java and C#.
- Collaborate with other engineering leaders, product managers, and other departments to ensure code, platform releases and developer documentation meets standards consistent with external publication.
- You have a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or a related technical field.
- You have at least 2 years of experience managing software teams with several engineers.
- You have at least 5 years of experience working as a software engineer.
- You have experience recruiting and building up an engineering team.
- You have strong and validated interpersonal skills, particularly in the realm of collaborating with internal or external developer customers.
- You have experience leading teams delivering high-quality releases and documentation of highly complex technical SDKs to multiple customers.
- You have experience with leading teams that deliver products on cloud computing, gaming or mobile products at scale.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world's leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokemon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokemon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.