Senior Software Engineer (Python Developer) Relevant Educational Qualifications Job4 weeks ago - Other categories - Salt Lake City - 75 views
The Sr. Software Engineer is a position of technical expertise, influence, and leadership in the technology realm. The position will be required to apply their expert knowledge to ensure best practices and well-engineered architecture across the department. They will also be a key stakeholder and initiator of major changes to processes, engineering practices, and system administration. This position will be required to work in a space of solving critical issues and initiatives across multiple teams. It will require an extensive and deep understanding of cutting-edge practices and innovative approaches to problems. Sr. Software Engineers are also tasked with establishing and maintaining a positive and productive culture.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Lead in the building of cutting-edge applications and services to increase and improve the student experience
- Exemplify a mastery of coding excellence and software quality, mentoring others and pioneering new standards and architectural foundations
- Foster and utilize innovative approaches to problems and functionality for all key stakeholders
- Own technologies focusing on student success and scalability while supporting student-focused user experience
- Collaborate with developers, designers, testing, and product management to develop features and innovative approaches to applications and features
- May mentor/advise engineering teams on new languages and technologies; act as a resident expert when needed
- Establish a balance between strategic planning and initiatives with development, communication, troubleshooting, and problem solving
- Lead in the prototyping and development of new technology and framework, improving the student experience
- Identify system redundancies and inefficiencies, proposing innovative and cost-effective solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work equally well in self-managed and team-based Agile projects.
- Work with internal customers to gather business processes and project requirements
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or related field
- 5 years' experience in software development, pioneering new approaches and implementing new technologies
- 5 years software development using Python
- 3 years Identity and Access Management experience
- Architecting, implementing, and managing microservices with an emphasis on inter-service communication and API design
- Agile Scrum environment experience
- oAuth 2 + OIDC
- Cloud Environment experience
- Ping Identity (PingFederate PingAccess)
- Sailpoint IdentityIQ
- LDAP / Active Directory
- AWS Single Sign-On
- AWS Cognito
- Test Automation: pytest
- 2 associate level certs and 1 professional cert - AWS or Python preferred
- Experience with other software tools and/or languages IE: Java, Tomcat, git, and GitHub; Spring, Spring Boot
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that our strength lies in our people. We are committed to diversity.
|apply nowapply now|
Driven by a mission to expand access to higher education through online, competency-based degree programs, WGU is also committed to being a great place to work for a diverse workforce of student-focused professionals. The university has pioneered a new way to learn in the 21st century, one that has received praise from academic, industry, government, and media leaders. Whatever your role, working for WGU gives you a part to play in helping students graduate, creating a better tomorrow for themselves and their families.