Senior Software Engineer - (Backend) in Minneapolis, Minnesota | Careers at Minneapolis Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 weeks ago - Other categories - Minneapolis - 54 views
Who you are
As a Senior Software Engineer at Virgin Pulse, you will be working on a Digital Health SaaS platform that supports millions of engaged, active members in 20 languages across 190 countries, serving over 50 billion+ API calls every year to mobile and web users.
In this particular role, you will be working on our data pipeline engineering team, building out and supporting our data pipeline to support both application and reporting needs. This position will have frequent interactions with various engineering teams that are producing and consuming a billion+ events. You will be working with a passionate and strong team of engineers and product managers. With your strong background in cloud technologies and software architecture you will have the opportunity to develop, manage and optimize our tech stack and production pipelines. This work may include projects like building out new customer-facing features, creating the APIs for new capabilities, data integration from our partners, developing new strategies for managing our product stack and optimizing existing code to make it more performant. If you are someone with an appetite for growth, we will offer you more opportunity to learn directly from our highly skilled group of engineers.
What your typical day looks like
- Design, build, and evolve durable, highly scalable backend event-based systems
- Provide expertise and establish best practices on the development, monitoring, and maintenance of technologies.
- Design, develop and deploy backend services with focus on high availability, low latency and scalability
- Monitor, test, and continuously optimize your designs
- Provide technical leadership and coaching to the more junior team members to enable them to build better software.
- Master our development process, culture and code base, then think of ways to improve it and implement within our team.
- Take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team, potentially including taking part in off hour calls with systems support team
What you bring to the team
In order to represent the best of what we have to offer you come to us with a multitude of positive attributes including:
- 4 or more years of experience developing services and APIs
- A solid understanding of best practices for software development including testing, monitoring, and design
- Desire to go beyond the functional solution to build maintainable and well-tested code
- A good understanding of data architecture and how it relates to data strategies and reporting
- A desire to partner closely with appropriate stakeholders to refine features and frameworks
- Ability to articulate and champion design strategies related to scalability, maintainability, performance, security and usability
What makes you stand out
- Experience in building and supporting a distributed processing architecture in a high-throughput production environment
- Experience with stream processing applications such as Kafka Streams, Spring Cloud Streams, or ksqlDB
- Experience with schema registries and knowledge of the tradeoffs between various message serialization protocols
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery technologies
- Experience with highly scalable systems in a cloud environment
- Know how to build, deploy, and run an application all the way to production
Virgin Pulse is looking to add multiple experienced Sr. Software engineers to our rapidly growing team. We need your help to build the next generation of our vision to change lives for the better.
Work to maintain system and data security at a high standard, ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the Virgin Pulse application is not compromised. Adhere to industry best practice coding standards and verify all code developed at Virgin Pulse is free from bugs and security vulnerabilities such as those defined and published by OWASP.
Why work here?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive work environment, strong employee culture and cutting-edge technology and services - so many reasons to love it here.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected class status.
|apply nowapply now|
But our world-class products and programs are nothing without our people – the employees who design, build, promote, sell, test and perfect the latest innovations in workplace wellbeing. Our people are our top priority and we invest in their health and happiness. At Virgin Pulse, we have so much more than a strong, supportive company culture – we have a shared vision for a healthier, happier world.
Virgin Pulse is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected class status.