Senior Software Developer Bachelor's Degree Job1 week ago - ICT Jobs - Owerri - 63 views
To Apply attach your CV and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Perform complex programming, software development andanalysis work typically involving multi-project leadership or broadresponsibility in complex work environment. Contribute to all phases of aproject, including systems analysis, program design, development, andimplementation. Work on systems and programs typically covering two or morefunctions, large single functions, or major portions of large functions,interfacing with other complex systems and programs. Provide innovativeprogramming and analysis skills and leadership.
·Propose, conceptualize, design, implement, and develop solutions for difficultand complex applications independently.
·Oversee testing, debugging, change control, and documentation for majorprojects.
·Supervise professional staff, as necessary, working on all phases ofapplication development projects.
·Engage in long-term strategic planning.
·Define complex application development administration and programmingstandards.
·Oversee the support, maintenance, operation, and upgrades of applications.
·Troubleshoot and resolve complex technical problems.
·Review the physical design of existing systems for optimizing performance.
· Leadprojects, as necessary, for special systems and application development inareas of complex problems.
· Workwith other technical professionals to develop standards and implement bestpractices.
· Leadon-going improvements in Service Delivery and Programme Governance, inparticular, stakeholder engagement and change management.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering andfive years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevantexperience. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
·Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies and programming tools.
·Demonstrated experience in designing, developing, testing, and deployingapplications.
·Strong understanding of data design, architecture, relational databases, anddata modelling.
·Thorough understanding of all aspects of software development life cycle andquality control practices. ·Ability to define and solve logical problems for highly technical applications.
·Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical clients.
·Demonstrated experience leading activities on structured team developmentprojects.
·Ability to select, adapt, and effectively use a variety of programming methods.
·Ability to recognize and recommend needed changes in user and/or operationsprocedures.
·Strong background in Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Python, QT, GUIdesign, Model View Control, Design Patterns, Best-practice Software DevelopmentCycle and Frameworks.
·Strong background and experience with C/C++.
·Experience in developing control systems software applications on a Linuxplatform using C and/or C++ including common open source technologies.
·Strong working knowledge of client/server Linux, scripting, relational databasedesign, Eclipse IDE, JVM, SQL, JDBC/Relational DB, ant, HTML, XML, J2EEapplication servers.
·Demonstrated experience using process oriented approach to completeresponsibilities.
·Project management skills
·Familiarity with the Motif/X-Window tool kit
·Experience with EPICS.
·Experience with Continuous test and integration concepts and tools.
· Effective Decisions: Uses job knowledgeand solid judgment to make quality decisions in a timely manner.
· Self-Development: Pursues a variety ofvenues and opportunities to continue learning and developing. Self-motivated.
· Dependability: Can be counted on todeliver results with a sense of personal responsibility for expected outcomes.
· Initiative: Pursues work andinteractions proactively with optimism, positive energy, and motivation to movethings forward.
· Adaptability: Flexes as needed whenchange occurs, maintains an open outlook while adjusting and accommodatingchanges.
· Communication: Ensures effectiveinformation flow to various audiences and creates and delivers clear,appropriate written, spoken, presented messages.
· Relationships: Builds relationships tofoster trust, collaboration, and a positive climate to achieve common goals.
·Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
·Frequently sit, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
·Occasionally stand/walk, writing by hand.
·Rarely use a telephone, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10pounds.
· Maywork extended hours, evening and weekends. WORK STANDARDS:
·Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with colleagues andclients and with external organizations.
·Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibilityand value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safebehaviors based on training and lessons learned.
·Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies andprocedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and otherpolicies found in the company website and internal document stores.
·Reports to the General Manager or nominee
·Experience in Educational Technologies (Student Information Systems, LearningManagement Systems, e-Library Systems etc.) is an advantage.
·Probation for 6 - Months
· Roleis Performance-based and driven by KPIs.
·Based in South-East Nigeria (transfer at the companies discretion subject torelevant company transfer policies)
·Attractive Salary and Professional Development Opportunities
· To Applyattach your CV and email to : email@example.com