Senior Silo Operator-Villam Agric Limited HND / BA / BSc Job2 weeks ago - Agriculture / Agro-Allied Jobs - Ekiti - 35 views
Employment Type: Full-time
- Set up and operate silo equipment in accordance with current good storage and food handling practices and standard operating procedures;
- Observe panel lights for indication of malfunction and adjusts conveyors to regulate feed of grain into and out of silos;
- Control panelboard to convey grains from drying machines into silos and to packing machines, push buttons to start conveyors in specified sequence, according to daily production schedule;
- Calibrate or adjust scientific or technical equipment to ensure quality production, using tools such as callipers, micrometres, height gauges, protractors, or ring gauges;
- Test performance of electrical, electronic, mechanical, or integrated systems or equipment;
- Troubleshoot problems with equipment, devices, or products; determining causes of operational problems or failures;
- Immediately escalate every malfunction that is beyond your control to the Location Manager;
- Monitor the productivity or efficiency of silos operations, monitoring and adjusting production processes or equipment for quality and productivity;
- Start up and shut down the silo storage system;
- Assist engineers in developing, building, or testing prototypes or new products, processes, or procedures;
- Participate in silo maintenance program by performing routine preventative maintenance tasks as directed and interact with the Location Manager to facilitate, repair, or replacement equipment as directed;
- Package outgoing grains in the appropriate packaging materials for transport in recommended standards;
- Keep production logs and prepare daily operational reports;
- Maintain inventories of materials, equipment, or products;
- Participate in grain quality management by regular cleaning of storage bins/silos; Select cleaning materials, tools, process, or equipment;
- Adhere to all applicable regulations, policies and procedures for health, safety, and environmental compliance;
- Assist in the operation of the generating set and other heavy-duty machines to ensure silo operations is not truncated;
- Ensure safety of personnel by executing silo operations in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Maintaining good records report/log books
- Bachelor’s Degree / HND in Agricultural or Mechanical / Production Engineering with 2 - 5 years of relevant working experience.
- Technically sound and flexible with proven operational handling experience is required.
- Good Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint.
- Ability to work technically with generators, electric-motors, conveyor-belts, dryers, car, forklift, bagging equipment, truck, and weighbridge) are preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated written, analytical, presentation, reporting and computing skills and familiarity with modern communication systems (internet, the worldwide web, Emails and WhatsApp).
- Strong English language skills are essential and effective communication in Native Language of the specific location.
Application Closing Date
1st May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the mail.
Villam Agric Limited (VA) is a joint venture between Terra Agric and DMA Capital Limited. We are currently exploring 7-grain warehouses in Nigeria with a storage capacity of 250,000 mt storing maize, soybeans, sorghum and rice. VA also has 2000 hectares of farmland and grows high value added crops like hybrid seeds and other seed crops. The farm also contains a 5000 head cattle.
We are recruiting to fill the position
We are recruiting to fill the position