Senior Program Officer - Asia Society Master's Degree Job4 months ago - Administrative / Management Jobs - Washington, D.C. - 127 views
- Manage ASPI initiatives—with a particular focus on Asian regional trade and economics—including task forces, commissions, and dialogues, and other projects as assigned.
- Under the oversight of the Vice President, draft speeches, talking points, reports, op-eds, blog-posts, and other social media content.
- Coordinate ASPI’s public events (panel discussions and conferences) and private meetings (high-level briefings and roundtables), engaging in budgeting, planning, marketing, drafting and issuing invitations, outreach, logistics, and follow up tasks.
- Prepare materials for use in public and private events, including but not limited to public announcements, program handouts, talking points, PowerPoint presentations, correspondence with participants, and blogs and other social media describing the event.
- Assist in managing and regularly updating web content for the ASPI webpage and monthly e-newsletter, as well as social media focused on the D.C. office.
- Collaborate on the development of new initiatives and projects, including analyzing, researching, and vetting areas of work, and drafting grant proposals.
- Manage grants that fund the project work on which you are focused, including keeping track of expenses, timelines, and deliverables and drafting grant reports.
- Manage the intern program, and other administrative functions as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree preferred, and preferably in international relations, economics, political science, Asia studies, communications, or a related field
- 3-4 years of related work experience, including project planning and management
- Interest and background in U.S. foreign and economic policy and/or Asian affairs preferred
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills
- Proven organizational skills, with a strong ability to set priorities, manage multiple tasks, work independently, take initiative, and solve problems
- Experience in drafting grant proposals a plus
- Strong ability to interact with the public, foreign officials, and senior individuals and work collaboratively with diverse constituencies
- Team player willing to assist where needed
- Excellent computer skills, including advanced Microsoft Office knowledge (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook); Image, video, and audio editing experience a plus
How to Apply
How to Apply:
Please email your cover letter, resume and salary expectations to: ASPIjobs@AsiaSociety.org
List job code PND-2013 and job title in the subject line.
The Senior Program Officer coordinates and manages trade and economic initiatives, including task forces, policy commissions, and Track II dialogues carried out by the Asia Society Policy Institute (ASPI), an independent, non-partisan, global think/do tank focused on tackling the major policy challenges confronting the Asia-Pacific in security, prosperity, sustainability, and the development of common norms and values for the region. He/she also coordinates ASPI’s public events and private meetings/roundtables in Washington, D.C.