Senior Program Director, National Relevant Educational Qualifications Job1 month ago - Other categories - Los Angeles - 17 views
Job Description Summary
Enterprise is a national nonprofit on a mission to make home and community places of pride, power and belonging for all. To make that possible, we operate the only organization designed to address America's affordable housing crisis from every angle: we develop and deploy programs and support community organizations on the ground; we advocate for policy at every level of government; we invest capital to build and preserve rental homes people can afford; and we own, operate and provide resident services for affordable communities. All so that people not only make rent, they build futures. With this end-to-end approach, 40 years of experience and thousands of local partners, Enterprise has built and preserved 793,000 affordable homes, invested $61 billion in communities and changed millions of lives.
Enterprise recognizes diversity as a driving force that allows us to further our goal of building stronger communities, ending housing insecurity, and lifting individuals out of poverty. We believe an inclusive environment broadens our perspective, enabling us to better support the communities we serve, and makes for a richer, more dynamic place to work every day.
The Senior Program Director, National will support the president of Solutions and the Chief Program Officer in all matters necessary for the effective operation and integration of the Solutions team, including program and financial reports, internal and external communications, implementing and managing the Prioritization Framework, board and partner meetings and special projects. The position requires the ability to work independently while managing significant and complex priorities. Strong project management skills, judgment and frequent interaction with all levels of internal and external partners is also required.
This position can be located nationwide. Occasional travel may be required.
- Overseeing and implementing tracking of Solutions Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Elevate pertinent issues to leaders in an organized, succinct manner
- Communications internal and external
- Implement, advance and evaluate Prioritization Framework
- Establishes process and creates efficiencies across Solutions
- Assist with keeping programmatic work grounded and aligned with mission and strategic plan
- Ensures deadlines are met
- Develops complex ideation into improved processes and programs
- Translates leader's strategic vision into digestible and actionable work
- Assist with holding team accountable through clear processes
- Drive priorities from concept to completion.
- Cohesion and Integration
- Create cohesion among colleagues across Solutions, helping to evaluate and scale impactful programs
- Listens to staff needs
- Under the direction of the president/chief program officer, implements structure, establishes processes, and creates efficiencies for the Solutions team.
- Serves on various committees/task forces designed to work on administrative, policy and procedural matters.
- Oversees all social media activities both internally and externally for the president and chief program officer.
- Administers internal and external Marketing and Communication plans, including collecting and highlighting success stories across the division, preparation for events, media releases and identified Board leadership council activities and Equitable Path Forward peer exchange, and other cross-cutting councils.
- Assists in preparing materials, presentations, and briefings for meetings with funders, speaking engagements, meetings with policy makers, and follow-up as needed.
- Prepares the president for meetings by synthesizing research to develop briefing documents working in collaboration with the Resource Development Group.
- Acts as staff lead to facilitate communications with key partners and Enterprise senior leadership team. Crafts agendas for all meetings led by the Solutions leadership team and helps prepare senior leadership for those meetings while managing others to ensure logistics are flawlessly executed.
- Coordinates meetings and related strategic projects. In coordination with president identifies appropriate priorities for the team to address at leadership meetings; preparing briefing packages, debriefs, and follow-ups with senior leadership and Enterprise board.
- Manages implementation and execution of the work prioritization framework that includes a committee reviewing new projects and evaluating existing projects.
- Supports president (and other senior managers as appropriate) to execute discrete initiatives. These will typically be projects that require coordination between established business units, such as developing cross-cutting strategies and organizational operational improvements that cover more than one organizational area.
- Undergraduate degree typically has eight (8) years or more progressive experience in community-based or related organization or related position.
- Must possess excellent leadership and written and oral communications skills.
- An execution-focused orientation and a proven track record of exceeding goals.
- Proven skills with project management tools and approaches in executing and adapting work-related plans.
- Must have excellent process skills, be able to analyze, synthesize and translate, verbally and in writing, complex information to influence the process and explain results to parties inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to multitask and set work priorities among competing needs in a dynamic, fast paced environment while also maintaining exceptional commitment to accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of a broad range of social and political issues in which Enterprise works.
- History of building effective, collaborative working relationships that are dependent upon mutual trust and confidence, integrity, forthright expression of opinions, discretion, good judgment, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- History of working with virtual teams (i.e. colleagues and leadership across multiple locations).
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with senior leadership, using the access with discretion.
- Broad familiarity with community development with programmatic experience preferred.
- Must have the ability to triage problems, bring pertinent issues to their leader's attention in an organized, succinct manner
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Decision making
- Strategic Thinking
- Task Oriented
- Solutions driven
- Financial skills
- Process oriented
- Project Management
Bringing Bold Ideas to Life
Tides’ vision of a world of shared prosperity and social justice is founded on equality and human rights; a sustainable environment; healthy individuals and communities; and quality education. We work at the nexus of funders, changemakers and policy, bringing together a large and diverse coalition of mission-aligned actors to amplify our power to scale positive impact.
Tides’ impact solutions include philanthropic giving and grantmaking, impact investing, fiscal sponsorship and acceleration services for social ventures, collaborative workspaces, collective initiatives, and advocacy services for policy change. Our extensive tools and know-how give our partners the freedom to hit the ground running and drive change faster than they can on their own.