Senior Product Manager Relevant Educational Qualifications Job2 weeks ago - Other categories - Texas City - 30 views
About the Role
Samsara's Product team works to bring our disruptive IoT technology to market, accelerating the adoption of sensor data to improve industrial efficiency at a massive scale. As a member of the Product team, you'll be responsible for the end-to-end success of new products and features that delight our customers and further Samsara's vision. Samsara's approach to product management is rooted in a deep understanding of the customer. You'll learn about our customers' operations, identify the most meaningful problems that we could solve for them, and develop a product vision that maximizes the impact Samsara can make on the market.
Product Managers are responsible for the end-to-end success of new products and features that delight our customers and further Samsara's vision. Samsara's approach to product management is rooted in a deep understanding of the customer. You'll learn about our customers' operations, identify the most meaningful problems that we could solve for them, and develop a product vision that maximizes the impact Samsara can make on the market.
We're looking to add an experienced Senior Product Manager to take ownership of new initiatives, and drive the vision, roadmap, and priorities across multiple product areas that power Samsara's core products. This position can be office based or fully remote.
In this role, you will:
- Launch new features and infrastructure in collaboration with Design, Engineering and Marketing.
- Gather customer and stakeholder feedback to establish a roadmap and long-term strategy across products and features.
- Develop a technical understanding of our product's systems and work with engineers and stakeholders to identify meaningful improvements.
- Mentor early-career Product Managers.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara's cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices.
An ideal candidate has:
- 3-7+ years in a product management role.
- History of successfully launching and scaling platform products.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science preferred. MS, PhD, or MBA also preferred.
- Strong technical understanding, ability to establish credibility with engineers.
- Knack for gleaning customer insights from quantitative and qualitative data.
- Bias-to-action and hands-on experience delivering business results. You're not afraid to get your hands dirty.
- Excellent communication skills. Must be comfortable presenting to customers and internal audiences.
- Ability to drive teams of diverse backgrounds to ship features on aggressive timelines.
- Prior experience developing wireframes and product specs is helpful.
- Familiarity with B2B sales is a nice to have.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we'll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at (see application details).
While each team and office has its own culture, we all come together around a set of philosophies for how we work together, tackle challenges, and grow our business. If these ideas resonate with you, Samsara might be a great fit.