Senior Nutrition Expert-Idmibok International Master's Degree Job2 weeks ago - Other categories - Port Harcourt - 70 views
Employment Type: Temporary
- This is a consultancy for a proposal the organization is working on.
- The Senior Nutrition Expert will support and provide technical inputs on nutrition for the verification of performance on antenatal nutrition service and focused adolescent health service deliveries by governmental and non-governmental agencies in 13 states.
- The purpose of this assignment is for the Independent Verification Agency (IVA) to conduct independent third-party verification of:
- Performance of contracted NSAs on a sample basis every six months;
- Performance of SPHCDAs with respect to delivery of nutrition sensitive antenatal care at primary health care centers on an annual basis; and
- Achievement of DLI results at respective federal and participating state levels on as and when achieved basis.
- Lead the desk review of project documentation.
- Contribute to the development of questionnaires and tools used in interviews and data collection.
- Support the identification of nutrition-based indicators relevant to the project.
- Support the independent verification of the performance of NSAs, SPHCDAs, and achievement of DLI results at the federal and state levels.
- Support the development of project reports for the World Bank.
- Assist in the capacity building of state-level staff.
Required Skills and Experience
- A minimum of Master's Degree in Public Health or Nutrition.
- Technical knowledge of M&E in Nutrition-based assignments
- At least 10 years carrying out nutrition projects in Nigeria and other Sub-Saharan African countries.
- Experience in implementing nationwide or large-scale nutrition projects in Nigeria and other Sub-Saharan African countries
- Experience with supporting M&E efforts on nutrition projects.
- Demonstrated analytical and report writing skills.
- Ability to comply with the estimated project timelines and workdays.
Application Closing Date
5th May, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send the following documents below to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- CV, including date of birth, country of residence and language proficiency.
- Cover Letter (addressing previous related work, including 3 reference contacts, stating name, position, email, organization, address, telephone and relationship).
- Passport photograph.
- 3 written reports on past MEL assignments (preferably, independent verification projects or nutrition-focused projects).
Note: Consultants from and living in Nigeria would be preferred.
We are recruiting to fill the position