Senior Mechanical Engineer-ZETA Technologies Nigeria Limited HND / BA / BSc Job1 week ago - Engineering / Technical Job - Port Harcourt - 48 views
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure sound and correct equipment/package/system specification(s) is/are produced.
- Ensure that the design(s) from vendor(s) is fit-for-purpose and meet the requirements of applicable code(s) of practice.
- Facilitate and attend FAT and ensure that the equipment/package/system supplied meet requirements of relevant specification.
- Liaise with other discipline engineers to ensure the overall objective is achieved.
- Ensure sound data management and filing of documents in mechanical engineering department.
- Circulate for squad check, drawings, specifications, datasheets, RFQs and TBEs.
- Liaise with Contracts & Procurement department for vendor assessment, the preparation of bidder lists, RFQ’s, TBE’s, vendor document review, and final vendor appraisal.
- Liaise with Proposals department for bid preparation, market strategy development, etc.
- Liaise with Expeditors and Quality Control Inspectors.
- Liaise with Document Control department.
- Initiate Field Change Requests (FCRs), Comment Response Sheets (CRS), and Field Change Notices (FCNs) as required.
- Assist with the preventative maintenance program for equipment
- Provide input to the project critical items list as required.
- Prepare field material requisitions and tracking receipt of materials as required.
- Perform subcontracts coordination including administration of project back-charges.
- Review work packages and system / area turnovers including review of applicable turnover and as-built documents and inspection records required by the contract.
- Coaching, mentoring and development of others within the field engineering team.
- B.Eng (2nd Class Upper) or equivalent with minimum of 10 years relevant experience.
- Membership (at chartered level) of a relevant engineering institution is highly desirable.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to provide technical direction, leadership and decision-making with minimal supervision or guidance.
- Self-motivation, enthusiasm, and willingness to teach/learn.
- Experience in oil and gas sector is desirable.
- Rotating equipment engineering experience is highly desirable.
- Workshop experience is desirable.
- P&ID literate, with the ability to liaise with process engineers and control engineers.
- Ensure the timely delivery of equipment/package/system.
- Good understanding of project execution processes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good command of English Language are prerequisites for this position.
- Knowledge of breadth and depth of mechanical engineering needed to manage the quality control of contractor technical work; ensuring appropriate techniques, methods, and codes of practice are adopted.
- Commenting on documents and drawings in a constructive manner that identifies non compliance, errors, and improvement opportunities.
- Ability to prioritise and organize work schedules.
- Able to react quickly and effectively when dealing with challenging situations.
Application Closing Date
29th May, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.