Senior Manager, Pricing Strategy & Analysis (Office of Finance) Bachelor's Degree Job1 month ago - NGO/Non-Profit Jobs - Washington, D.C. - 77 views
How you’ll contribute:
The Urban Institute is seeking a Senior Manager reporting to the Finance Department with a heavy dotted line to the Grants & Contracts Office. This position will develop pricing analytics, evaluate industry best practices, and analyze competitive bids to create an organization-wide pricing strategy for federal and foundation awards. The Senior Manager will work with project teams to advise them on building proposal budgets and ensuring accurate financial reporting and funder invoicing for some of Urban’s most complex foundation and labor rate-based projects. This is a terrific opportunity to join a growing organization with the potential to lead a pricing team in the future. As a key member of the Finance and Grants & Contracts teams, you will also have ample opportunities to expand your finance, technical, contracting, and business acumen with internal and external professional development.
- Develop strategies for managing portfolio of Time and Materials and Labor Rate contracts, including GSA Schedules, across the organization by working closely with the leading principle investigators, program/project managers, and senior leadership in the Finance Department and Grants & Contracts Office.
- Build analytics to monitor historical pricing, evaluate reasons behind award outcomes, and analyze competitive pricing across the industry.
- Create an organization-wide pricing strategy to competitively price bids and create uniformity across research centers for various funders. Monitor changes in prices and market conditions, and industry pricing comparisons to competitively position Urban’s proposals.
- Evaluate and prepare financial data related to various requests for pricing.
- Lead pricing efforts for complex project proposals across the organization by reviewing RFPs/RFAs, gathering technical requirements, and working with principle investigators and researchers to ensure accurate pricing models, as well as the cost volume narrative.
- Work with research centers and the Grants and Contracts Office to ensure agreements include terms & conditions that align with Urban’s best interest for pricing, billing, and fee policies.
- Monitor project costs, expenditure trends, and update estimate to completes (when necessary) for a portfolio of assigned projects.
- Work with the training team to develop and facilitate trainings including T&M, CPFF, and FFP budget development modules.
- Lead the development/enhancement of procedures and automated tools to support continuous improvement of budgeting and proposals.
- Provide recommendations to business enterprise systems teams in ways to enhance reports and dashboards to better suit the needs of project managers.
- Review contract work breakdown structures and labor category assignments within JAMIS Prime ERP for time & material contracts to ensure proper billing, costing, and revenue recognition align with the contractual agreement.
- Responsibilities may vary depending on the candidate's skill set. Other duties may be assigned by the supervisor.
What you’ll bring
The successful candidate will:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or a closely related field. A Master’s degree is a plus.
- A minimum of seven years of direct, progressive experience in pricing government proposals and contracts with hands-on experience and a deep understanding of US federal requirements and cost principles. Experience pricing for foundation and corporate grants is a plus.
- Demonstrate a solid command of common contract instruments, including Cost-Reimbursement, Fixed Price, Time & Materials; familiarity with GSA schedule contracts strongly preferred.
- Work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment, keeping multiple priorities moving while not losing track of details; possess excellent organizational skills, strong analytical skills and sound judgment
- MS Office experience with advanced proficiency in Excel including pivot tables and complex formulas and functions.
- Experience with job-cost/project-based accounting systems with indirect cost structures strongly preferred; experience with JAMIS Prime ERP is a plus.
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, results-oriented, and excellent organizational/time-management skills.
- Proficiency in taking initiative to problem solve or take appropriate action when needed.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to successfully interact with staff in other departments.
How to Apply
At the nonprofit Urban Institute, we believe in the power of evidence to improve lives and strengthen communities. Our employees are empowered to open minds, shape decisions and offer solutions. We encourage intellectual honesty, innovation, diversity, and mutual respect, and our analysis elevates the debate, wherever it takes place.
Urban’s greatest asset is our people. We strive to attract and cultivate a vibrant, creative, and diverse community. Our employees drive Urban’s mission through entrepreneurship, innovation, leadership, effective communication, results-orientation, and relationship cultivation. Our success depends on engaging individuals who possess and value these attributes.