Senior Manager, Accounting & Finance At REDF Bachelor's Degree Job10 months ago - Administrative / Management Jobs - San Francisco - 185 views
Brief Position Description:
The Senior Manager, Finance and Compliance, reports directly to the Director of Finance. You are a motivated skilled professional able to operate with relative autonomy, and manage and supervise a staff of at least three individuals supporting accounting, finance, and contracts and compliance. We are searching for a disciplined yet innovative and flexible professional who will manage the full range of the company’s processes and systems for accounting, finance, contracts and compliance. You will collaborate directly with the Director of Finance and with other leaders across the company, as needed.
You are an excellent problem solver and will inspire and mentor your team colleagues. You work well on a team and with others, thrive in a fast-paced changing environment, and excel in problem solving.
You are hands-on with excellent attention to detail and can also see the “big picture”.
Working closely with the Director of Finance, the ideal candidate will
1. Optimize data analysis and financial reporting to support REDF’s strategic, operational and financial goals and support.
2. Review, approve, and distribute timely and accurate financial reporting and analysis to the Director of Finance, and other managers and executives in the organization.
3. Provide integral analysis of financial reporting for discrepancies, variances from budgets and forecasts, trends, and other issues that should be brought to the Director of Finance. Provide meaningful commentaries and analyses.
4. Supervise General Accounting (chart of accounts, accruals, allocations, etc.), Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, Payroll, and T&E expense reporting, and other accounting processes, as required.
5. Manage the life cycle of procurement contracts (contract requests, contract creation, follow-up, close-out, etc.) and grant distribution agreements.
6. Manage accounting and budgeting systems and work with IT to improve system efficiencies.
7. Manage and improve upon policies, procedures, and internal controls.
8. Foster professional development opportunities and mentoring for department staff.
9. Collaborate productively with development, communications and program leads on all finance, contracting and compliance matters; lead and mentor conversations; ideal candidate will be both a collaborator and an educator.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent experience and knowledge, is required
• 7 years of accounting experience, and at least 3 years of senior accounting experience, is required
• Advanced skills with Excel, and strong competency with the Microsoft suite of products, is require.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
• Excellent organizational, problem-solving, multi-tasking, and analytical skills are required
• Experience administering and enhancing accounting systems is required
• Salesforce or other CRM experience is highly desirable
• Non-profit experience and a desire to work for a mission-driven non-profit is highly desirable
• Ability to help craft REDF’s next 15 years of impact
• Work with passionate, dedicated people
• Apply your passion for social change in your career
• Operate with a high degree of autonomy in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Competitive, comprehensive benefits package
Equal Employment Opportunity
REDF is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, or veterans’ status or other status protected by applicable law.
REDF encourages employment applications from people who are representative of the culturally and ethnically diverse communities REDF serves.
If you need an accommodation to complete the online application, please call 415.561.6633. Please leave a message and a member of our Human Resources team will return your call within one business days. Alternatively, send an email to hr @redf.org with “Applicant Accommodation” in the subject line of the email. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accommodation to apply for a job.
How to Apply
Please submit resume and cover letter as one file through REDF’s online applicant portal: https://redfportal.secure.force.com/hr/fRecruit__ApplyJob?vacancyNo=VN336