Senior Financial Accountant at Jagal Group HND / BA / BSc Job1 week ago - Accounting / Financial Services Jobs - Lagos - 64 views
- To act as change agent by spearheading innovative ideas that will improve finance processes and drive efficiencies across the department.
Financial Accounting/Budgeting / Reporting (60%):
- Prepare monthly management reports
- Prepare monthly cash flow forecasts
- Prepare monthly variance reports for all reporting entities and provide explanations to variances.
- Overseeing financial transactions and ensure timely closing of financial records in the most effective and efficient manner.
- Prepare budget and forecasts for Jagal Group entities and monitoring actual performance against budget.
- Oversee full financial accounting systems and processes e.g. cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll function.
- Oversee Inter-company reconciliation and statements
- Oversee deduction and remittances of statutory deductions (PAYE, pension and insurance etc) to relevant statutory authorities.
- Monitoring and evaluating financial systems for continuous improvements
- Liaison with business unit heads
Tax Filing/Reporting (20%):
- Ensure compliance with all relevant tax regulations and timely filing of statutory returns
- Effectively manage Company Taxes through tax planning
- Be up to date with all relevant laws and regulations on Nigerian Taxation
- Maintains best practice standards in accounting processing
- Provide ad-hoc support to CFO/FC as required (i.e. special projects)
- Other duties as required
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role or within a finance team
- Professional qualified accountant (ICAN, ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Demonstrated ability to run the accounting and processing aspects of a small Finance team
- Confidentiality and absolute discretion expected at all time
- Professional approach
- Mentor and develop the team in their development and training
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs; Outlook, Word, PowerPoint
- Demonstrable evidence of interpreting & manipulating data clearly and accurately with the ability to extract & clearly articulate key points
- Excellent communication skills, ability to develop and present ideas and reasoned arguments clearly and concisely to various audiences (reports in Word, PowerPoint presentations, excel presentations).
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online