Senior Electrical Engineers-Willers Solutions Limited - Lagos and Rivers Bachelor's Degree Job2 weeks ago - Engineering / Technical Job - Lagos - 41 views
Locations: Lagos and Rivers
- The Senior Engineer shall participate and function in projects as a Senior Engineer under the supervision of a nominated Lead Engineer who must also be of the same experience level or higher for any particular project
- He shall be able to utilise design software e.g. ETAP, SKM, and Lighting Calculation software and programs to carry out design studies, prepare design reports (i.e. philosophies, specifications & datasheets, study reports, procedures), calculation sheets/notes, design drawings as well as conduct site visits to any project site without supervision or guidance
- He shall be able to work and deliver assigned tasks and responsibilities with minimal supervision and assistance from other team mates and also be able to manage interdisciplinary interface issues on any assigned project
- He shall also be expected to regularly deal with client interface issues in conjunction with the respective Project Manager or Engineering Manager
- The Senior Engineer can be appointed to additionally function as the Unit Head for your unit and therefore be responsible for the day-to-day administration of all the unit activities and reporting to the Engineering Manager
- The Senior Engineer can be nominated and selected to act as a Lead Engineer on a project for his discipline and can also be nominated by the Engineering Manager to act as a Project Manager
- He shall ensure the satisfactory performance of the unit’s project teams involved in projects by implementing any necessary action to maintain the standard of work and performance
- The Senior Engineer shall have demonstrable design and field experience both in onshore and offshore projects
- The Senior Engineer shall also be jointly responsible for the supervision of subordinate Intermediate & Junior Engineers and be responsible for the content and quality of all work from them in order to ensure that design activities are carried out for the overall achievement of the given project objective.
- He shall mentor and jointly be responsible for the professional development of his / her subordinates.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out and / or review design calculations, studies report and produce drawings for projects assigned to work in as a Senior Engineer
- When assigned to a project as a specialist lead, you will liaise with other units and disciplines while carrying out interdisciplinary checks as required and implements / initiates the necessary action changes where required
- As a Lead Design Engineer for the discipline on a project, coordinate / supervise the discipline team members to ensure quality and timely delivery of the discipline scope, provide support / input to other disciplines and also provide regular report to the Unit Head
- As a Project Manager, be fully responsible for the delivery (within schedule & budget) of the project scope of any project assigned to you and report directly to the Engineering Manager
- Ensure that the project scope of work, design basis, philosophies, standards and procedures including QA are known, understood and implemented on projects and also ensure that all other subordinate team members understand same
- Provide technical assistance to the unit’s personnel and supervises the unit’s engineers and teams involved in design projects.
- Participate in ad hoc studies
- Participate in unit’s activities including preparation, review and approval of projects deliverables documents where required
- Prepare bids for the discipline items, the unit’s enquiry and purchase requisitions
- Also as a Unit Head, participate in corporate and project meetings and take responsibility for the training, coaching and mentoring of subordinates
- Represent company in external meetings
- Carry out other responsibilities as may be assigned by supervisor or management.
- Minimum Educational Qualification: Bachelor's degree in relevant Engineering discipline
- Minimum Professional Qualification: COREN Registered Engineer and NSE member or equivalent
- Minimum Experience: 10 years cognate experience in Electrical engineering (power sector). Relevant field experience will be added advantage to the above.
Application Closing Date
30th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com using the job title as the subjecrt of the mail.
We are recruiting to fill the position