Senior Electrical Engineer Relevant Educational Qualifications Job1 month ago - Graduate Trainee / Internship /industrial Attachment - Bothell - 99 views
Responsible for the design of highly innovative medical ultrasound hardware for Sonosite's clinical ultrasound product lines. Works closely with talented physicists, biomedical engineers, and ASIC designers to create products that solve real clinical problems, improving care, treatment, and diagnosis of patients. Our hardware designs utilize the latest technologies to provide miniaturized, ruggedized, cost effective, and low power products, used in a wide variety of environments including battlefield, trauma unit, critical care unit, surgical rooms, and exam rooms. The success of these designs depends on very high performance and sensitivity, which in turn, requires strong expertise in low noise power conversion and distribution, low noise amplification, grounding, and shielding as well as understanding of high speed circuit design and clocking. Experience with circuits that meet stringent EMI and RFI requirements will be a benefit as well. Responsibilities include providing technical leadership on major projects and resolving complex technical challenges for ultrasound applications in an FDA regulated environment. Requires demonstrated competence in all aspects of product level medical device hardware development including requirements analysis, design, implementation, testing, and system integration.
- Develop system level strategies and lead design, development, testing and refinement of components and sub-systems. Own/lead all phases of product development/sustaining lifecycle.
- Recommend design modifications and strategy adjustments as indicated by analysis, test and usage, while supervising/reporting progress and evaluating results.
- Lead the successful completion of major programs and may function in a project leadership role, including supervising the designs of electronic circuit and/or components of high complexity, through feasibility assessment, requirements capture, part selection, schematics capture, simulation, performing or guiding layout, board bring-up & test, and software integration, design for EMC and manufacturability (DFM).
- Implements and/or reviews engineering documentation of high complexity, reporting observations/problems clearly and concisely, recognizing and highlighting specific paths or solutions, while ensuring compliance with design criteria and standards
- Has a good understanding of IPC, IEC, ISO and FDA regulations as related to electronics design.
- Mentor's, supervises and/or leads, other engineers within the same project and/or designers at contracted or partner companies and affiliated organizations. Provides performance feedback for electrical engineering colleagues.
- Applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of electronic engineering to the completion of complex and difficult assignments that include cross-functional dependencies.
- Research, develop, design, test, and document electrical components, equipment and systems.
- Plans, coordinates and provides technical leadership for larger-scale engineering projects or multiple medium/small projects, while acting as a technical specialist for a specific section of the design
- Utilizes electronic lab test equipment, such as logic analyzers and oscilloscopes to debug circuit and system issues. Also mentors colleagues on the use of this equipment.
- Development of prototypes used to evaluate new and/or updated product concepts.
- Independently determines and develops solutions to solve complex engineering problems and drives the technical and program leadership towards the solution path.
Knowledge and Education:
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or related discipline from an ABET accredited institution.
- 5-7 year's experience in related field
- 5+ year's experience developing products in a regulated industry such as medical or avionics, with demonstrated design experience in safety critical hardware design, including experience serving as a technical mentor or project lead
- Complete understanding and wide application of technical principle, theories, and concepts in the field of electrical engineering, including but not limited to power supplies, precision low level analog designs, A/D and D/A converters, battery chargers and monitor circuits and FPGA designs.
- Success with leading concept-to-production engineering, including high level design, detailed design, schematic entry, analog simulation, layout management, prototype assembly logistics, board bring-up, lab debugging, system integration, design verification, and manufacturing handoff.
- Knowledge of signal processing, algorithm development, and data analysis
- Strong Knowledge of the IEC 60601-x and 60601-x-x standards.
- Intermediate/Advanced skills in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Hands on experience with product lifecycle management tools.
- Expertise with PC based design tools (Altium, Orcad, Hyperlynx) is strongly desired, (schematic capture and PCB layout).
- Hands on experience with circuit simulations tools.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering
- Experience with project coordination and scheduling
- General ultrasound front-end analog electrical design experience is desired.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced team oriented environment and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and workloads
- Ability to be diplomatically assertiv
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds with or without accommodations.