Senior Director, Workflow Systems Relevant Educational Qualifications Job1 week ago - Administrative / Management Jobs - New York City - 34 views
We are seeking a Sr. Director, Workflow Systems who will oversee systems development and process implementation for digital and print book production. This includes workflows for interiors, covers, ebooks and peripheral components or products (i.e. galleys and ARCs).
Successful change management is a key requirement in this position. Creating strong relationships and lasting change is a big part of the day-to-day responsibilities. This position is expected to initiate change, and have independent introductions/meetings across many levels of the company, from entry-level staff to executives.
Work closely with SVP, Publishing Operations and Technology and Sr. Director, Workflow Development to define and execute strategy. Meet regularly with Managing/Production Editorial, Design, Art, Production staff to define workflows and identify issues.
What you'll do:
- Management of approx. 5 people
- Interface with the business teams to create and document requirements
- Interface with technical team/leads to communicate requirements, set priorities, define schedules, and understand risks
- Identify workflows where automation/digitization/systematization would be a cost/time/resource benefit, create systems/processes to support those workflows
- Oversee product roll-out plans, including training, documentation and support
- Communicate policies around products, process, training, etc. to multiple business units (possibly in multiple countries), including operationalizing processes by handing off defined process and/or day-to-day work to other groups (i.e. service desk, corporate training group, production editorial)
- Budget/Vendor management: budgets, contracts, pricing, staffing, support, escalations
What you'll bring:
- 10+ years experience at a publishing company
- Technically-minded, proven success running large-scale technical projects
- Exceptional communication skills (announcements, documentation, training)
- Systems-minded, with expertise in defining and enforcing workflows
- Understanding of the book production process and unique requirements of publishers
- Working knowledge of the Agile software development process, specifically around product management role and responsibility
- Management experience: hiring, performance assessment, terminations, delegation, resourcing, work/deliverable review
- Experience with XML- based publishing workflows
- Microsoft Word, Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in a publishing production role a plus (managing/production editorial, design,
Macmillan Publishers is a global trade book publishing company with prominent imprints around the world, publishing a broad range of award-winning books for children and adults in all categories and formats. Macmillan Publishers is committed to our authors, our employees, and to the environment.
U.S. trade publishers include Celadon Books, Farrar, Straus and Giroux, Flatiron Books, Henry Holt & Company, Macmillan Audio, Macmillan Children's Publishing Group, Picador, St. Martin's Press and Tor Books. In the UK, Australia, India, and South Africa, Macmillan publishes under the Pan Macmillan name. The German company, Holtzbrinck Deutsche Buchverlage, includes among its imprints S. Fischer, Kiepenheuer and Witsch, Rowohlt, and Droemer Knaur.
Macmillan Publishers is a part of the Holtzbrinck Publishing Group, a large family-owned media group of companies headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are actively seeking job applicants who reflect a broad representation of differences, including race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, neurodiversity, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective. We believe that the best companies reflect the incredible diversity in viewpoints, backgrounds, and identities of the world in their staffs, and are committed to inclusive hiring across departments and levels. The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of Macmillan Publishing Group, LLC.