Senior Director- Perioperative Services Relevant Educational Qualifications Job5 months ago - Medical / Healthcare Jobs - New York City - 109 views
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Sr. Director, Peri-Op Services.
In this role, the successful candidate Leads and manages nursing and other staff in Perioperative Services that includes Pre-Admission Testing, Ambulatory Surgery Unit, Operating Rooms, Endoscopy Unit, Cystoscopy Operating Rooms, PACUs, Scheduling Office, and the Central Processing Department. Fosters and demonstrates collaboration with all clinical services, anesthesiologists, and other hospital departments to deliver quality, safe and cost-effective perioperative care; coordinates clinical nursing services in the planning, implementation and evaluation of quality, safe, and efficient nursing care; develops, facilitates, and supports implementation of nursing and interdisciplinary care standards throughout the service(s); participates in planning and implementation of Service Line goals and objectives within the broader mission and vision of the Hospital and the Department of Nursing; manages the services, financial planning, implementation, monitoring, and adjusting of operational and capital budgets; coordinates service-specific quality and performance improvement projects that optimize staff and patient safety and outcomes.
- Articulates an understanding of nursing process within the context of perioperative care, and the need for interdisciplinary collaboration across the continuum of service.
- Develops, maintains and evaluates systems that support nursing process and the delivery of safe and effective perioperative patient care.
- Collaborates with surgical, anesthesia and other nursing leaders to identify, develop, and implement inpatient and ambulatory care processes pertinent to the patient populations served.
- Demonstrates and enhances others understanding of nursing and patient care standards as integral and supportive of professional practice, shared clinical decision making, and values espoused by the Department of Nursing, the hospital, and the system.
- Demonstrates understanding of the value of professional nursing, the conceptual frameworks in which it is practiced, and implements the features of an organization that attracts and retains nurses.
- Initiates and sustains development of service level nursing and interdisciplinary process standards; supports and integrates hospital-wide standards into perioperative practice.
- Leads efforts to develop and implement evidence based clinical practice.
- Provides resources and collaborates to design and implement processes that facilitate age appropriate, culturally sensitive, and ethical care for patients.
- Provides leadership, guidance and oversight to Nurse Managers, Directors of Central Processing, as well as Business and Inventory Managers.
- Demonstrates visibility, accessibility, and oversight of nursing management; establishes management accountability for leadership with Perioperative Services, while providing support and guidance for role advancement and professional development.
- Collaborates with leaders of management, nursing, medical and other clinical staff in: a. The hospitals decision-making structures, processes and communication requirements; b. The ongoing development and review of the hospitals strategic plan and operations; service line implementation, policies and procedures (standards) and allocation of resources; c. Plans for capital projects and equipment pertinent to the mission of the hospital and medical center; d. Develops, monitors and modifies the operating budget of Perioperative Services and related service, reporting on variances to the Vice President, Perioperative Services and Vice President, Nursing & Patient Care Services; e. Plans and implements quality and performance assessment and improvement programs; and f. Develops and maintains pertinent risk management programs.
- Supports the Vice President, Nursing & Patient Care Services in the development and promulgation of professional standards of nursing practice for the hospital, consistent with NYU Langone Health.
- Formulates annual goals consistent with those of NYU Langone Health.
- Participates in evaluating, selecting and integrating health care technology and information management systems that support patient care needs and the efficient use of resources.
- Participates in hospital administrative systems to coordinate requirements for ongoing patient care and new programs, consistent with available resources.
- Provides interdisciplinary leadership in assessing efficiencies for maximizing perioperative care delivery to meet changing patient population requirements.
- Works collaboratively with Vice President, Perioperative Services on strategic planning and program development for Ambulatory Surgery, actively involving organizational leaders throughout the health system.
- Establishes, coordinates and supports the development of operating and capital budgets for each work unit, in conjunction with clinical leaders; monitors expenses as balanced with patient volume and other indicators; and evaluates outcomes, making modifications and adjustments as indicated.
- Works collaboratively with interdisciplinary staff and physicians to develop and/or revise interdisciplinary structure standards, including key performance indicators/metrics and cost-effective staffing patterns. Ensures consistency and standardization of those initiatives with the Perioperative Services standards.
- Ensures planning efforts for areas of responsibility are congruent with NYU Langone Healths strategic plan.
- Evaluates staffing patterns and discharge and/or volume targets to assist clinical leaders in planning and validating staffing needs and requirements.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory agencies and accrediting bodies by continual monitoring of service operations against existing standards; initiates changes as required.
- Participates in the design of new clinical facilities and renovations of existing facilities that reflect the vision, mission and strategic plan.
- To qualify you must have a Licensure as Registered Professional Nurse in NY with current registration.
- Bachelors in Nursing, Masters in Nursing Administration or related field required.
- Minimum of 5 years of clinical experience in acute care or perioperative nursing.
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive perioperative leadership experience.
- Excellent verbal communication, interpersonal and team building skills; self-directed, creative, risk-taker, understanding of change management, professional practice, human resources, labor relations, interdisciplinary cost-containment strategies and processes.
- Knowledgeable in current nursing and health care issues and trends, particularly in perioperative practices.
- Demonstrated financial planning, analysis, and strategies required.
- Physical stamina, manual dexterity, visual and aural acuity to perform responsibilities.
- Computer skills in clinical documentation, scheduling systems, word processing, Excel spreadsheets and other software systems highly desirable.
- Membership in professional nursing organizations, e.g., American Organization of Perioperative Nursing required.
- Specialty organizations such as the American Organization of Nurse Executives and the Association of Post-Anesthesia Nursing Society desirable.
- Certification as Certified Operating Room Nurse preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Hospital - Brooklyn provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Hospital- Brooklyn's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit (please use the apply button below) for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
Located in the heart of Manhattan, with additional facilities throughout the New York City area, NYU Langone consists of six inpatient locations:
Tisch Hospital, its acute-care facility
Kimmel Pavilion, its newly opened, state-of-the-art healthcare facility
Rusk Rehabilitation, ranked as one of the top 10 rehabilitation programs in the country by U.S. News & World Report since 1989.
NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital, formerly known as Hospital for Joint Diseases, a dedicated inpatient orthopedic hospital