Senior Director-Development Relevant Educational Qualifications Job2 weeks ago - Medical / Healthcare Jobs - New York City - 39 views
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Sr. Director-Development.
In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for developing and implementing strategies to attract funding for NYU Langone Health's work in specified clinical areas from individual donors and prospects at the major gifts level (six and seven-figure gifts). The Senior Director also helps to identify opportunities for unrestricted support for NYU Langone Health.
- Works with directors, physicians, and administrators of the assigned department and beyond to identify, cultivate, solicit, close gifts and steward donors and prospects with wealth capacity
Participates in one-on-one cultivations and solicitations
Works collaboratively with members of the Development Office Leadership and Major Gifts, Planned Giving, Donor Experience/Events, Alumni, Stewardship and Communications, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Direct Response, Prospect Research and Development Administration teams
- Collaborates with other Senior Gift Officers as well as the entire Gift Officer Team to develop and execute strategies to secure philanthropic support from individuals
Documents all development activity related to gift solicitations and donor and prospect stewardship and general information in the donor/prospect database
Reviews listings of current donors who have previously given to the areas of responsibility and develop individual strategies to solicit them for new gifts
Coordinates with the prospect research team to identify new major donor prospects from the patient database
- Works closely with assigned board members, advisory board members, prospects, and physicians to develop event opportunities for cultivating and stewarding major donors and identifying new prospects
Researches and writes briefings to prepare Medical Center officers (Dean, Vice Dean, EVP, Department Chair) to ensure effective meetings with major donors
Prepares letters of inquiry and proposals to prospects and donors on behalf of NYU Langone Health faculty members
- Manages team member(s) including gift officer(s)
Directs the management of the Chairman's Circle
Performs other duties as assigned
To qualify you must have:
- Bachelors degree and 10-14+ years of relevant experience.
- 5 years of management experience, including demonstrated experience successfully managing a team and creating a positive environment.
- Successful track record in Development and Major Gifts, including closing 7-figure gifts and leading advisory boards.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to meet deadlines and fundraising goals.
- Self-motivated, outgoing and results oriented.
- Proven leadership, management, and organizational skills as well as experience in designing and executing comprehensive fundraising processes and procedures.
- The presence, cultural sensitivity, and communication skills necessary to be an effective representative of NYU Langone Health and a liaison to the donor base.
- A collegial, collaborative, and accessible leadership style, well suited to management in a complex academic medical center setting.
- The creativity, energy, and interpersonal skills needed to introduce and champion new ideas and secure transformational philanthropy.
- Knowledge of software applications, including MS Word and Excel.
- Development database experience.
Graduate degree preferred
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit (please use the apply button below) for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
Located in the heart of Manhattan, with additional facilities throughout the New York City area, NYU Langone consists of six inpatient locations:
Tisch Hospital, its acute-care facility
Kimmel Pavilion, its newly opened, state-of-the-art healthcare facility
Rusk Rehabilitation, ranked as one of the top 10 rehabilitation programs in the country by U.S. News & World Report since 1989.
NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital, formerly known as Hospital for Joint Diseases, a dedicated inpatient orthopedic hospital