Senior Development Officer at The Posse Foundation Bachelor's Degree Job8 months ago - Sales / Retail / Business Development Jobs - San Francisco - 289 views
The development officer supports Posse Bay Area individual, corporate and foundation giving. S/he is responsible for working with the site director and Posse’s national development team to meet the annual revenue goals and reach higher revenue goals each year. The development officer is responsible for grant reports and writing proposals with accompanying budgets, conducting prospect research, drafting thank you letters and other donor correspondence, planning events, soliciting corporate donations for events, managing development communications with the site director, gift entry, monthly financial reporting, and supporting the work of the rest of the development staff, locally and nationally. S/he also represents the program to board members, donors and various other constituent groups. The development officer reports to the director.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Write and submit foundation and corporate proposals, reports and letters in a timely manner. Track all proposal and report deadlines.
- Maintain communication with all organizational donors (particularly foundation and corporate donors and prospects).
- Work with director to identify and research prospects.
- Track prospective donor contacts and set up prospect meetings. Assist Director with prospect meeting strategies.
- Maintain all administrative development activities and maintain donor files, including electronic files through Raiser’s Edge Database.
- Organize and implement several annual donor mailings.
- Help facilitate communication and follow up with the Bay Area Advisory Board.
- Manage logistics for development special events.
Level of Language Proficiency
We are looking for someone who is collaborative, innovative, hard working and thrives in a fast paced environment. The successful candidate will have these qualities/qualifications:
- Bachelors degree
- Three plus years of work experience in development or related field
- Motivated and able to work independently as well as with a team
- Willingness to take initiative
- Ability to multi-task, manage concurrent processes/projects, and focus on the small but important details in all projects while keeping the bigger picture in mind
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including grant writing
- Excellent office and computer skills. Proficient in Word, Excel and experience working with a fundraising database
- Able to establish and maintain cooperative professional relationships with colleagues, donors, volunteers and the public
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Demonstrated belief in Posse’s mission and values
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter here. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.