Senior Deployment Project Manager Relevant Educational Qualifications Job2 weeks ago - Other categories - Folsom - 29 views
Category: Professional Services
Type: Full Time
The Senior Deployment Project Manager provides leadership for the deployment of PowerSchool systems software. This role has the overall responsibility for delivering and supporting the implementation of multiple projects, with subprojects of varying scope and size to school districts. This customer-facing position manages various functions in delivery of software and service solutions to ensure accurate and timely completion with high customer satisfaction. This position is involved with implementation assignments, consultation and related deliverables while ensuring high quality and high customer satisfaction throughout the implementation effort.
- Leadership - Drives and facilitates decision-making and consensus among key stakeholders (program and technical) at the local district. Serves as project team lead, guiding the work of internal and client teams while ensuring responsiveness to customer needs. Is accountable for overall performance and delivery of defined services scope of work. Develops relationships and works with key district and school stakeholders (e.g., program and technical leadership staff) to identify and articulate project goals and objectives; ensures all tasks and decisions align to goals and objectives. Applies project management methodology to all projects, including setting expectations and managing to scope.
- Capacity Planning - Schedules service projects; evaluates and balances capacity and maximizes utilization. Effectively allocates and manages project resources across all areas to create a successful unified deployment of individual products
- Communication - Communicates project status and/or changes to project plans to the organization. Liaises with clients; Sets expectations and provides status updates regarding project work. Leads scheduled meetings. Coordinates process mapping, data migration. Acts as escalation point for reconciliation of customer satisfaction issues. Acts as liaison on customer's behalf to internal business units (e.g., sales, business operations, implementation, product education, technical support). Communicates with stakeholders in an effective, professional manner throughout the duration of the implementation effort.
- Product Knowledge - develops knowledge and maintains understanding of PowerSchool applications, client business processes and how they are built out in a unified deployment.
- Project Management - Creates and maintains project plans for designated areas. Maintains all project documentation including accurate records of individual implementation project deliverables/work products, status and issues. Uses industry standard project management methodologies to track progress, manage risk and coordinate resources.
- Strategy - Assists in the development and management of the processes and procedures associated with project deliverables. Provides direction for and coordinates efforts of all cross-functional project team members. Collaborates with Sales Team to actively identify additional products and services with existing customers; manages change control process as necessary. Understands and supports internal and partner vendor implementations, involving services.
- Status Reporting - Keeping the necessary parties up to date on the status of your project/engagements and escalating as appropriate.
- Perform risk and change management and provide deep dives to executive leadership as requested
- PMP and/or CSM certification, required
- Student Specific: Bachelor's degree in Business, Education or related field or equivalent experience
- ERP Specific: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Computer Science, or Business
- 5-10 years' project management experience
- Excellent Microsoft Excel knowledge and use of working with data sets, reports and charts and budget information.
- MS Project or SmartSheets working knowledge
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal, and personally able to quickly build and maintain rapport with others
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple large-scale projects, priorities and adapt to continual change in a fast-paced environment
- Must be proactive, action-oriented, and motivating
- Ability to drive consensus, facilitate solutions, and build options/alternative.
PowerSchool is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. PowerSchool is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Our inclusive culture empowers PowerSchoolers to deliver the best results for our customers. We not only celebrate the diversity of our workforce, we celebrate the diverse ways we work. If you have a disability and need an accommodation regarding our recruiting process, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
At PowerSchool, we believe in the simple truth that every student deserves the best opportunities in life. That’s why our mission is to power the education ecosystem with unified technology that helps educators and students realize their potential, in their way. From the front office to the classroom to the home, PowerSchool helps schools and districts efficiently manage instruction, learning, grading, attendance, assessment, analytics, state reporting, special education, student registration, talent, finance, and HR. Today, we’re proud to be the leading provider of K-12 education application technology supporting over 45 million students in over 80 countries.