Senior Corporate Copywriter in Smithfield, Virginia | Careers at (Corporate) Smithfield, VA - Corporate Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Other categories - Smithfield - 131 views
- Write original content and edit a wide range of public relations, marketing and communications materials including but not limited to press releases, articles, emails, e-newsletters, talking points, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and presentation and video scripts.
- Research and understand key messages through collaborative meetings and discussions with internal and external subject matter experts, online searches, and interviews.
- Edit and review corporate communications materials, to ensure corporate brand consistency, style guidelines and voice.
- Create or edit copy for a variety of media and marketing channels (both internal and external) including PR, social media, print, video, and online campaigns.
- Proofread outgoing copy to ensure the quality meets corporate communications and brand standards.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in journalism, English, communications, or related field from a regionally accredited four-year college or university and 5+ years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Must be able to provide a portfolio of prior work demonstrating writing ability and knowledge of AP Style.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in research, writing, copy editing, and proofreading skills.
- Knowledge of and ability to demonstrate strategic and conceptual thinking skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and project management tools such as Asana a plus.
- Ability to demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning) in a variety of materials.
- Ability to write compelling, clear, error-free copy.
- Ability to Adapt tone/perspective consistently to match audience.
- Ability to organize, manage, and prioritize workload and multiple projects in a fast-paced environment to meet organizational needs, deadlines and timelines.
- Ability to work well independently or collaboratively to meet deadlines.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as external partners.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication (writing, listening, explaining your ideas), organization & project management skills.
- An eye for detail and the ability to follow direction and execute on feedback.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment
Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield's benefits, visit (please use the apply button below)
About Smithfield Foods
Headquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. Our 40,000 U.S. and 15,000 European employees are dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly.(R)" and have made us one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies. We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including many industry firsts, such as our ambitious commitment to cut our carbon impact by 25 percent by 2025. We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our neighbors in need. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield(R), Eckrich(R) and Nathan's Famous(R), among many others. For more information, visit (please use the apply button below), and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Smithfield is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status, status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job characteristic as directed by law.
We offer opportunities for advancement, academic scholarships, and one of the best safety records in the industry.
We Foster a Welcoming Workplace.
With a goal of maintaining low employee injury rates, we prioritize the health, safety, learning and development and well-being of our employees.