Senior Compensation Analyst Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Other categories - Denver - 88 views
A career with Alterra Mountain Company is more than what you do today; its being part of creating a community rooted in the spirit of the mountains, united by a passion for adventure, and celebrating the legendary adventures and enduring memories that mountains bring to everyone.
BESIDES WORKING SOMEWHERE AWESOME, WHATS IN IT FOR YOU?
- Free skiing + riding privileges across the family of Alterra Mountain Company resorts for all eligible employees and their dependents. And, discounted rates at non Alterra-owned Ikon Pass destinations.
- Flexible Time Off (FTO) policy for eligible employees to rest, relax and recharge
- Generous discounts on outdoor gear, apparel, rental cars, etc.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs, and more
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Commuter benefits (Denver employees only)
- Brand new Alterra Mountain Company office located in Denvers RiNo Art District neighborhood
Alterra Mountain Company is seeking a Sr Analyst, Compensation to support the administration of global compensation programs. The primary focus will be consulting with HR and business leaders to provide compensation analysis and actionable guidance.
This position will play a key role in helping Alterra Mountain Company transition to Workday as its Human Capital Management system by 2022. Specifically, by leveraging the Advanced Compensation functionality in Workday to implement and execute compensation structure and the annual merit review process.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Consult with HR and business leaders on compensation-related business priorities. Work in a collaborative manner to learn the business and ensure compensation recommendations are aligned with business objectives. Perform ad hoc job analysis using job descriptions and external/internal sources of data to deliver actionable guidance that is externally competitive, internally equitable, and aligned with Alterras compensation philosophy.
- In partnership with the finance team and business leaders, manage annual incentive plan administration including participant tracking, accruals coordination, participant communication materials, and payout processing.
- Serve as a consultant to HR teams with the planning and management of the annual global merit cycle. Partner with HRIS and Payroll to coordinate the process and ensure it runs smoothly and efficiently without errors.
- Evaluate advanced compensation functionality in the HR system and in partnership with the HRIS team, make configuration recommendations. Maintain job architecture and ensure data governance of job codes, job titles, salary ranges, and other related compensation elements in the HR system.
- Participate in annual salary surveys. Conduct benchmarking studies to determine market movement by job family and labor market to implement structure changes in preparation for compensation planning.
- Develop, manage, and deliver global compensation training and communication for leaders and employees.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and provincial employment laws and regulations in the U.S. and Canada.
- Other duties as assigned
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of the Company and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
- Ability to work collaboratively with and across teams to support shared goals
- Ability to work with limited standardization and under limited supervision
- Advanced skills in Excel and a strong desire to learn and seek out Excel functionality whether used on a one-time or continual basis
- Ability to analyze large data sets, draw conclusions, and provide actionable guidance in a consultative manner
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills and maturity to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally across all levels of the organization
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize deadlines to deliver results
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors degree
- 5+ years of demonstrated career progression in Human Resources with at least 3 years of Compensation experience
- Experience building complex Excel files to conduct analysis
- Experience preparing, auditing, and uploading merit files
- Experience with advanced compensation configuration in HR systems
- Experience with salary survey submission
- Basic understanding of federal, state, and provincial labor laws in the U.S. and Canada
- Workday experience
- Bonus/Incentive Plan design experience
- HR System implementation experience
- Experience with a compensation survey management tool (PayScale, MarketPay, etc.)
- Familiarity with union agreements
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) or desire to become certified
- Passion for the outdoor industry
The base salary range below represents the low and high end of the Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc.s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term and long-term incentives and many region-specific benefits.
Denver area base salary range: $63,000 - $95,000 per year
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, see, hear, and operate a computer and other office productivity machinery.
Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to harsh and varying outside weather conditions.
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the workplace is usually moderate.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities that an employee may be required to perform in this position. Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. and its affiliates reserve the right to modify, increase, decrease, suspend, and or eliminate any of the essential duties and/or the position in its entirety.
This job description is not an express or implied contract, guarantee, promise, or covenant of employment for any set term or duration, or for termination only for cause.
Employment with Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. or any of its affiliates is at will meaning either party may terminate the employment relationship at any time with or without cause and with or without notice.
This position is located in Colorado, and the work is primarily in Denver, CO and, as such, employment in this position is subject to the labor and employment laws of the state of Colorado.
Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain drug-free workplaces. All employees and candidates are reminded that Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. and its affiliates adhere to all applicable labor and employment laws, and State, County, and City-specific labor and employment regulations, where applicable.