Senior Community Relations Specialist - Wikimedia Foundation Relevant Educational Qualifications Job1 month ago - Other categories - California City - 103 views
The Wikimedia Foundation is looking for a collaborative Senior Community Relations Specialist to support the Fundraising, Community Resources, and Partnerships teams in the Advancement Department.
Community Relations Specialists serve the Wikimedia Foundation, contributors and readers by supporting teams that collaborate with Wikimedia communities. This role will report to the Vice President of Advancement and will support effective engagement between the Wikimedia Foundation staff and Wikimedia communities. We strive to engage a high quantity and diversity of Wikimedians in the Foundation’s projects to contribute to good common understanding, smooth collaboration, and strong results.
You are responsible for:
- Build relationships and facilitate effective engagement between the Wikimedia communities and the Advancement team.
- Communicate plans and updates from the Advancement department to the Wikimedia communities in various channels (facilitated sessions, on-wiki, surveys, etc).
- Facilitate regular feedback sessions with Advancement staff and community members.
- Creatively design and manage the systems, tools, and channels to maximise collaboration and communication with the community.
- Help the Advancement team contextualize and understand community feedback to incorporate into immediate plans and long term strategy.
- Maintain awareness of developments in the Wikimedia movement and other departments that may affect the work of the Advancement team and use excellent judgement to determine needs and make recommendations for appropriate solutions.
- Support the Advancement department by taking on occasional assignments for other department priorities, as needed.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience working with multilingual and multicultural online communities; passion for online collaboration and constructive public discussion.
- Experience with hosting and/or participating in healthy, diverse, communication tools and channels
- Competence working in teams partially or totally remote, sometimes at inconvenient times.
Qualities that are important to us:
- Emotionally mature and self-reliant; tolerates ambiguity and maintains positive, respectful professional relationships.
- Organized, efficient, proactive, able to meet deadlines.
- Quick-learning and flexible, particularly around online communities, public policies and technologies.
- Outstanding organizational and interpersonal communication skills, with an ability to communicate with key stakeholders in styles ranging from precisely detailed to clear and simple, depending on context.
Additionally, we’d love it if you have:
- Fluency in multiple languages
- Good knowledge of Wikimedia communities’ dynamics, communication tools and channels
- Experience using MediaWiki software or markup languages like XML, HTML, or TeX.
- Experience with bug tracking and product management tools like Asana or Phabricator
How to Apply