Senior Advisor, Strategic Partnerships Relevant Educational Qualifications Job5 months ago - Other categories - San Francisco - 90 views
The Senior Advisor (SA) is a member of the Strategic Partnerships (SP) team, a high-performing business development team to support the growth, development & engagement of new business across Tides' full spectrum of partners and solutions. This role will manage a diverse and complex pipeline, build relationships through consultative selling and grow Tides philanthropic grantmaking, impact investing, and social venture client base. The role will standardize outreach and engagement strategies and execute plans across Tides' core client segments (foundations, individuals and families, corporate partners, and social change leaders), with a potential focus on our Foundation segment.
The SA will work collaboratively with the SP team and other Tides departments to lead the design and execution of a comprehensive engagement strategy for one or more of our segments with a goal of growing the number of new Foundation partners utilizing Tides services to accelerate their goals. The SA will also work in collaboration with the SP team, Marketing and Communications team and Client Services to expand Tides strategic external presence, relations/network, and partnerships in alignment with values, impact model and strategic priorities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The SA will be responsible for leading outreach and engagement efforts with Tides key client segments, and acquiring new partners that align with Tides' vision, mission and approach. They will design and execute a comprehensive strategy, including: service innovations; direct outreach and marketing; thought leadership (producing articles, blogs, and presenting on panels); hosted events; as well as, facilitating channel partnerships in service of the SP team work plan and Tides' overall business development objectives. The SA will also contribute to intake and onboarding efforts of newly landed clients. The SA is expected to use their deep understanding of the philanthropic sector and Tides' service offerings to pursue new opportunities.
The SA will be expected to meet or exceed quarterly and annual goals, developed together with the Director of Strategic Partnerships.
- Using a consultative sales approach, understand the needs of prospective partners and how Tides can help them meet their goals and increase opportunities for social impact.
- Cultivate deep, ongoing relationships with segment partners, their practitioners, and relevant affinity groups and networks to generate new strategic partnerships and business for Tides.
- Manage and ensure the success of segment-related partnerships and/or special initiatives (ex. Pledge 1%).
- Develop and lead execution of high-value engagement events.
- Test and develop diversified marketing tactics as part of a cross-departmental marketing team.
- Coordinate efforts across Communications, Strategic Partnerships and Client Services departments to stay atop segment and cross-sector trends and improve/align Tides service offerings and pricing.
- Support the development of tailored solution offerings and a clarified value proposition of Tides for the Foundation sector.
- Contribute to ongoing improvements and efficiency of intake and onboarding of business development opportunities utilizing Salesforce and other resources.
- Contribute to consultative approach to onboarding new partners with an eye towards superb client experience while managing/maintaining internal alignment with the internal intake teams.
- Initiate and work collaboratively to develop prospective client proposals and presentation materials.
Voice & Influence:
- Promote Tides' strategic advisory (consulting) and collaborative services across segments in collaboration with Client Services staff.
- Engage with the Communications team to tailor Tides' strategic voice and influence activities for relevant segments in written publications and events.
- Personally model best practices for high value engagement and business development at industry events, including those sponsored or hosted by Tides.
- Drive the Tides Vision, Mission and Approach into action.
- Serve as a Primary Liaison for given segment outreach with segment related Client Services team members.
- Demonstrate commitment to crossing boundaries inside and outside the organization as needed to drive acceleration and improve relationships between people and groups.
- Comfortable managing a diverse, complex and potentially high volume portfolio of philanthropic clients across sector with a focus on excellent client service and ambassadorship of Tides
- Ability to travel approximately 25% of the year for key conferences, meetings and events.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor's degree required and an advanced degree, especially MBA preferred, or equivalent business/partnership development experience.
- 10+ years of relevant and applicable work experience in the philanthropic sector, ideally with a public charity or private foundation, philanthropic advising or professionalized consulting firm.
- Independent, motivated self-starter who collaborates well with colleagues and internal teams.
- Demonstrated commitment to social change and ability to engage in strategic thinking and conversation around issues of shared prosperity and social justice.
- Demonstrated experience in new business generation and/or strategic partnership development.
- Demonstrated experience in business and client development, the structuring of complex offers, and negotiating terms.
- Deep understanding and experience of foundations and the philanthropic sector.
- A strong understanding of charitable giving vehicles, philanthropic solutions
- Ability to build long term relationships with a strong networking track record.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize amongst multiple commitments, and to drive multiple complex projects simultaneously in a challenging and fluid environment.
- Excellent communication, writing and listening skills with senior levels of management and all levels of staff and clients.
- Proficiency with Salesforce as a lead management tool is preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
Please submit a resume and a thoughtful cover letter online. Your cover letter should express your interest in working for Tides and your qualifications for the role. You may also share your detailed LinkedIn profile with us. Tides is an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion and we look forward to reviewing applications from all who are qualified to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Tides is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions. Also pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we encourage and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Applicants with Disabilities:
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. If you seek an accommodation, please advise in writing at the time you apply.
Bringing Bold Ideas to Life
Tides’ vision of a world of shared prosperity and social justice is founded on equality and human rights; a sustainable environment; healthy individuals and communities; and quality education. We work at the nexus of funders, changemakers and policy, bringing together a large and diverse coalition of mission-aligned actors to amplify our power to scale positive impact.
Tides’ impact solutions include philanthropic giving and grantmaking, impact investing, fiscal sponsorship and acceleration services for social ventures, collaborative workspaces, collective initiatives, and advocacy services for policy change. Our extensive tools and know-how give our partners the freedom to hit the ground running and drive change faster than they can on their own.