Senior Accountant Relevant Educational Qualifications Job4 months ago - Other categories - Denver - 99 views
A career with Alterra Mountain Company is more than what you do today; its being part of creating a community rooted in the spirit of the mountains, united by a passion for adventure, and celebrating the legendary adventures and enduring memories that mountains bring to everyone.
BESIDES WORKING SOMEWHERE AWESOME, WHATS IN IT FOR YOU?
- Free skiing + riding privileges across the family of Alterra Mountain Company resorts for all eligible employees and their dependents. And, discounted rates at non Alterra-owned Ikon Pass destinations.
- Flexible Time Off (FTO) policy for eligible employees to rest, relax and recharge
- Generous discounts on outdoor gear, apparel, rental cars, etc.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs, and more
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Commuter benefits (Denver employees only)
- Brand new Alterra Mountain Company office located in Denvers RiNo Art District neighborhood
Assist in the coordination and supervision of the accounting operations of the Alterra Mountain Company shared services general ledger team through maintaining the overall accounting practices and policies of the Company and relationships with key stakeholders.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Assist in planning and implementing the overall accounting strategy of Alterra Mountain Real Estate Division.
- Responsible for all accounting, reporting and GL maintenance for individual real estate development entities as assigned in accordance with US GAAP.
- Ensure a complete and accurate month-end close process within established deadlines of the Company.
- Balance sheet reconciliation responsibilities as well as understanding the Real Estate Division operational activities and how recurring and non-recurring transactions have and will affect the balance sheet.
- Review and enter adjusting journal entries as proposed by Real Estate Division contacts and submit appropriate supporting documentation with those entries.
- Prepare monthly Real Estate Division reporting package, including but not limited to balance sheet, income statement and statement of cash flows.
- Act as a liaison between Real Estate Division and other accounting and finance groups to ensure complete and accurate communication of financial data.
- Develop accounting memos which analyze transactions and draw conclusions based on relevant accounting guidance as provided in the FASB Accounting Standards Codification.
- Review lease contracts, document analysis in accordance with ASC 842 and perform monthly journal entries for all leases.
- Prepare audit schedules and provide audit support and assist the auditors in their inquiries. Perform variance analyses, identify, and resolve unusual variances through investigation and communication with resort personnel.
- Take initiative to investigate reconciling items, or discrepancies and contact the appropriate individuals to gather information in order to propose and implement solutions.
- Maintain or improve upon record retention and process documentation.
- Special projects as
- Other duties as assigned
- None initially, but potential for the following in the future:
- Hire and train accounting staff
- Motivate/manage/counsel/support/coach accounting team.
- Provide feedback to direct reports.
- Conduct monthly coaching sessions and bi-annual performance reviews.
- Give formal and informal feedback on performance.
- Recognize and reward exceptional performance.
- Ensure staff upholds and adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Communicate information with staff to ensure knowledge of resort activities, events, and changes.
- Motivate and manage the team to ensure a positive team environment.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with various levels of an organization.
- Performance record should show success working with various levels of management and operating personnel.
Skills & Abilities
- Proficient in use of technology, especially Microsoft Office Products. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 a plus.
- Has strong analytical abilities combined with general accounting knowledge.
- Proficient in oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with the accounting and functional groups and senior management to collect, normalize and analyze data for financial reporting.
- Ability to empower people, celebrates success, and drive high Develop capabilities of others as a role model, a coach, and a mentor preferred but not required.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Able to interact effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- BS in Accounting or Finance
- CPA and/or MBA preferred but not required
- 2+ years of experience in public accounting or equivalent accounting experience
- 2+ years of real estate accounting experience
- 1+ years of supervisory financial management experience in private industry with proven abilities to work independently and successfully manage a high quality and effective team preferred but not required.
The base salary range below represents the low and high end of the Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc.s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term and long-term incentives and many region-specific benefits.
Denver area base salary range: $63,000 - $95,000 per year
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, see, hear, and operate a computer and other office productivity machinery.
Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to harsh and varying outside weather conditions.
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the work place is usually moderate.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities that an employee may be required to perform in this position. Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. and its affiliates reserve the right to modify, increase, decrease, suspend, and or eliminate any of the essential duties and/or the position in its entirety.
This job description is not an express or implied contract, guarantee, promise, or covenant of employment for any set term or duration, or for termination only for cause.
Employment with Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. or any of its affiliates is at will meaning either party may terminate the employment relationship at any time with or without cause and with or without notice.
This position is located in Colorado, and the work is primarily in Denver, CO and, as such, employment in this position is subject to the labor and employment laws of the state of Colorado.
Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain drug-free workplaces. All employees and candidates are reminded that Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. and its affiliates adhere to all applicable labor and employment laws, and State, County, and City-specific labor and employment regulations, where applicable.