Security Engineer Relevant Educational Qualifications Job1 month ago - Other categories - Seattle - 105 views
As a Security Engineer, you will help ensure our devices, applications, services, and systems are designed and implemented to the highest standards and resilient to the modern threats. If you enjoy analyzing the security of systems that span from hardware to cloud services, discovering and addressing security issues and quickly reacting to new threat scenarios, this position will provide you with a challenging opportunity. You will lead in security audits, risk analysis, vulnerability testing and security reviews across all elements of this project's software systems.
You will tackle challenging, novel situations every day and, given the size of this initiative, you will have the opportunity to work with multiple technical teams at Amazon in different locations. You should be comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity and relish the idea of solving problems that haven't been solved at scale before. Along the way, we guarantee that you will learn a ton, have fun and make a positive impact on millions of people.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
· 3+ years of security engineering experience
· 3+ years of experience in vulnerability testing and auditing
· Experience working with development team(s) that have delivered commercial software or software-based services
· Knowledge of threat modeling or other risk identification techniques
· Knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques
· Familiarity with common attack patterns and exploitation techniques
· Development experience in Java, C++ or C
· Scripting skills (e.g., Perl, Python shell scripting)
· Knowledge of network and related web protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols)
· Master’s or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field.
· Experience with Security Engineering and Assurance methodologies e.g. fuzzing, static and dynamic code analysis.
· Experience with common attack patterns and exploitation techniques. Ability to write fully functional exploits for common vulnerabilities such as simple stack overflow, cross-site scripting, or SQL injection.
· Experience in using standard Security Assessment and Penetration Testing tools such as BurpSuite, Metasploit, and IDA Pro.
· Knowledge of technical security issues facing large multinational companies.