SBA Underwriter IV Relevant Educational Qualifications Job2 weeks ago - Other categories - Columbus - 46 views
The location for this position can be anywhere in the Huntington footprint.
SBA Underwriter IV
- Responsible for the evaluation and underwriting of Business Banking Healthcare/SBA/USDA loan applications to determine credit worthiness and compliance to Huntington lending and SBA/USDA policies.
- Reviews and analyzes all customer financial information to ensure sound credit decisions are made.
- Documents the detail and requirements of loan decisions, including conditions to close.
- Effectively communicates and acts as a liaison to internal customers to resolve business lending issues.
- Completes decisions in a timely manner.
- Maintains knowledge of Huntington lending policies, risk rating requirements and compliance standards.
- Provides coaching and guidance to bankers in the field regarding sound lending practices and managing credit risk.
- Must be capable of working independently on larger, complex credit requests.
- Adheres to bank policies and procedures and complies with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Provides management team with mentorship support for other underwriters or credit analysts within designated group.
- Accountable for risk management, compliance and audit performance for area(s) of responsibility whether a supervisor, manager or individual contributor.
- Establishes or works with management to develop effective controls and processes to ensure risks are measured, monitored and controlled and compliance requirements are adhered to on an on-going basis.
- Maintains current knowledge of risk-related changes that may impact assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 7 years of experience analyzing and underwriting loans for business/commercial clients.
- Experience with SBA or other government guaranteed loan programs
- Formal credit training preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills, highly motivated, focused and goal oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including professional grammar and demeanor
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail, planning and follow-up
- Ability to build and expand quality internal and external customer relationships
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Tobacco-Free Hiring Practice: Visit Huntington's Career Web Site for more details.
Agency Statement: Huntington does not accept solicitation from Third Party Recruiters for any position
While our perspective on the industry may be fresh, our roots run deep — we’ve been serving communities in the Midwest for over 150 years. We’ve weathered changing economies and financial climates. Our commitment to doing what’s right for our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our colleagues has never waivered, and never will. Our competitors know us by our steadfastness, our customers know us by our loyalty and, once you join our team, you’ll know firsthand just how much we value our people.