Sales & Event Coordinator Relevant Educational Qualifications Job6 months ago - Other categories - Salt Lake City - 206 views
JOB TITLE: Sales & Events Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Sales & Events Manager
DIVISION: Sales & Events Department
LOCATION: Admin Building/On Site of Event
WAGE: $18.00 per hour
UNIFORM REQUIREMENTS: Appropriate dress per Solitudes Handbook and provided mountain uniform when conducting business on mountain.
PURPOSE OF POSITION: The Sales & Events Coordinator is responsible for organizing assigned groups and events at Solitude Mountain Resort. This position is involved in the sales of events including hosting tours both on-mountain and in base area venues, executing paperwork, and ensuring a positive experience for groups. The Sales & Events Coordinator follows the group or event from its sale and works with the client to determine any food and beverage, lodging, A/V, set up, lift ticket, rental, activity, or other needs the event/group may have. The Sales & Events Coordinator helps each department cater to the event/group and works as the intermediary between the two.
BESIDES WORKING SOMEWHERE AWESOME, WHATS IN IT FOR YOU?
- Free skiing + riding privileges across the family of Alterra Mountain Company resorts for all eligible employees and their dependents. And, discounted rates at non Alterra-owned Ikon Pass destinations.
- Ski privileges within the Wasatch range to eligible employees
- Free breakfast to all employees
- Paid Time Off policy for eligible employees to rest, relax and recharge
- Generous discounts on outdoor gear, apparel, food, etc.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs, and more for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Transportation benefits
SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be organized, self-motivated, and multi-task oriented
- Must have good verbal & written communication skills
- Must be reliable
- Must have great customer service
- Must be able to negotiate stressful situations with diplomacy and tact
- Must be available for a varied work schedule and additional time as work load dictates
- Proper Health and Alcohol certifications required within 30 days of employment
- IT and A/V equipment knowledge and skills preferred
- Previous travel, hospitality, or ski industry sales experience preferred
- Intermediate ski or snowboard ability and valid drivers license preferred
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be willing to attend trade shows
- Arrange and host site tours, including on-mountain, venues, and lodging properties
- Create proposals, quotes, contracts & event orders
- Work with F&B managers to create & print menus
- Coordinate between all departments to create the best and most cohesive experience for groups
- Attend & direct wedding rehearsals
- Instruct business groups on A/V equipment use
- Supervise room set up and F&B presentation
- Be the liaison and point of contact between groups and Solitude
- Resolve problems that arise while group is on site
- Manage event day staff and group schedule
- Be on site during event day and help wherever needed
- Provide client prospecting and research
- Facilitate client activities on-site, off-site, and on-mountain in uniform and on skis/snowboard
- Take the lead on referrals for groups lodging off property
- Other duties as assigned
Our Grooming Standards help our staff maintain an appearance consistent with Solitude Mountain Resort's image and the expectations of our guests. Please review our grooming standards prior to submitting an application.
(please use the apply button below)
|apply nowapply now|
Not only does our commitment to this philosophy keep our guests returning year after year, but our staff members as well. It is our desire that staff members enjoy their work, while also taking the time to enjoy the great activities available in our breathtaking, natural environment. We like to have fun while providing world-class guest service and memorable experiences to our guests and each other.