SafeStart Coordinator - Safe & Sound Bachelor's Degree Job11 months ago - Administrative / Management Jobs - San Francisco - 352 views
The San Francisco SafeStart Initiative began in 2000 to reduce the incidence and impact of violence on young children (ages 0 - 6). As lead agency of the initiative, Safe & Sound coordinates a diverse collaborative of public and private agencies throughout San Francisco.
The SafeStart Coordinator is primarily responsible for overseeing the SafeStart Service Delivery Team (the Team), which is comprised of one to two staff from our three partner community agencies. Annually, this Team provides a variety of direct services, including case management, education, supportive groups and connection to services, to approximately 150 – 200 families with young children who have been exposed to domestic or community violence. This position provides a highly unique opportunity to work with multiple community agencies and their child-serving professionals to enhance direct services and education for vulnerable children and families through technical assistance, training and coordination of the SafeStart Delivery Team. Moreover, in order to remain closely connected to this Team, the SafeStart Coordinator will, at times, provide direct services and education to families with young children exposed to violence.
· Support of SafeStart Delivery Team
o Organize, attend, and assist with facilitation of bi-monthly case consultation meetings for the Team.
o Provide technical assistance and training to the Team related to delivery of direct services, including case management, education and data collection.
o Assist the Community Partnerships Manager with site monitoring of the partner agencies and work closely with agencies to address any areas requiring action.
o Collaborate with the Community Partnerships Manager to develop and build relationships with family resource centers, (in addition to our three SafeStart partner agencies) and assess interest/need for services from Safe & Sound; help coordinate services for interested agencies.
o Coordinate and respond to SafeStart referrals from all sources, such as internally and those that come through reports from city law enforcement agencies, DR referrals, or HSA referrals. Work with other Safe & Sound staff to provide these families with information and referral services as appropriate.
o Assist the Community Partnerships Manager in planning for all SafeStart-related meetings, including the policy meeting, trainings and case consultations.
· Education & Outreach Services
o Help coordinate education and outreach efforts with SafeStart partner agency staff.
o Assist in maintaining relationships with existing community partners, such as Family Court, and work to build new relationships with other community-based organizations, government agencies and other members of the community to coordinate efforts to reduce the incidence and impact of violence on young children.
o Develop and implement outreach strategies to ensure adequate client linkages to SafeStart services.
o Conduct and enhance “train the trainer” sessions on education programs for SafeStart partner agency staff as well as other child-serving agencies.
o Provide direct training for child-serving professionals on issues related to exposure of children to violence
· General Program Operations
o Assist with developing additional community resources, trainings, and conferences for the Service Delivery Team as well as members of the community at large, including assisting with the planning and execution of the annual SafeStart training event.
o Assist in data collection and evaluation of collaborative performance and prevention outcomes.
o Provide case management services to a small caseload of SafeStart families referred from external agencies or government agencies/partners.
Undertake other duties as assigned.
● Bachelor’s Degree in counseling, psychology, social work or other related field and/or progressive experience in program coordination/management.
● Demonstrated experience in field work and direct service delivery, which could include leading groups and/or classes.
● Experience working in the areas of violence prevention/response and/or family support.
● Ability to work tactfully and effectively with representatives of city agencies, community-based organizations and the community at large.
● Ability to work with diverse staff and client populations as well as with two locations with related but distinct cultures, partners and needs.
● Excellent judgment and emotional intelligence, including a track record of employing emotional fortitude, awareness, and skill to navigate, with calmness and confidence, complex and difficult relationships and interactions between staff.
● Interpersonal ability to build trust and goodwill with staff across the organization.
● Solid written and verbal communication skills with an ability to listen and observe, to convey expectations clearly, to maintain an accurate and constant flow of information, and to handle sensitive information in an appropriate manner.
● Proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
● Bilingual English and Spanish preferred.
● Full time
● Position will be reference-checked and fingerprinted.
· Typical Working Conditions:
o Standard office conditions.
· Equipment Used:
o Computer, phone, fax, copier.
· Essential Physical Tasks:
o Ability to travel within the City of San Francisco.
The base salary for this position is $59,200.008 annually and is eligible for agency-sponsored benefits.
Safe & Sound is committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive full consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and a detailed cover letter to Human
Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eligible for agency-sponsored benefits.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual English and Spanish preferred.
How to Apply
We have been a pioneer in the field of child abuse prevention, working within San Francisco for more 40 years. Recently the organization has begun to expand its impact working throughout the state of California.
1757 Waller Street, San Francisco, CA 94117