RN Clinical Nurse II-UNC Interventional Radiology Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Medical / Healthcare Jobs - Chapel Hill - 97 views
RN Clinical Nurse II-UNC Interventional Radiology
Job ID: 1420
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Apply Now >
Location: Vascular-Interventional Radiology Memorial Hospital
Scheduled Work Hours: This position is 40 hours/week with 10-hour weekday shifts, flexible Monday-Friday shifts to support work/life balance. Self-scheduled and rotating call coverage are required. The position qualifies for UNC's generous benefits package including PTO accrual.
UNC's department of Vascular Interventional Radiology is seeking a valuable nursing professional to join the VIR team. The ideal candidate is energetic, flexible, patient-focused, and possesses excellent critical thinking skills. Teamwork, effective communication, and efficiency are essential to our interdisciplinary approach. Vascular Interventional Radiology nursing at UNC combines compassionate, complex and intricate care with a wide variety of advanced technologic, minimally invasive procedures. Our department has 9 state-of-the-art procedure suites and a 16-bed prep/recovery unit.
We provide care in conjunction with:
- UNC's Comprehensive Stroke Program
- Level 1 Trauma Center
- Aortic Network
- UNC Magnet Program
Nursing care in VIR includes administration of moderate sedation. Orientation is an extensive, individualized, pre-cepted 8 week rotation through procedures and the prep/recovery unit.
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides competent clinical nursing care consistent with professional standards. Reporting and accountable to the Nurse Manager/Director, the Clinical Nurse is responsible for coordinating and delivering patient care utilizing the nursing process in a hospital setting.
1. Education - Participates in identifying and meeting learning needs of self. Attends education programs based on identified learning needs. With assistance, uses patient education materials relevant to patient population. Assesses readiness to learn of the patient/ family/ caregivers. Assesses developmental level of patient and factors affecting ability to learn.
2. Evaluation of Care - Identifies expected patient outcomes. Seeks guidance as needed in revision of plan of care. Participates in discussion with members of the interdisciplinary team in evaluation of patient care. Communicates relevant information to promote continuity of care
3. Implementation - Demonstrates competence in care of patients with complex problems, including population-appropriate physical, psychosocial, educational and safety aspects of care. Performs bedside point of care testing as required for patient care plan. Utilizes healthcare organization and nursing standards, policies and procedures in delivery of care. Organizes and prioritizes care according to patient/family needs. Consults with appropriate resources in a timely fashion regarding patients with complex care issues, unusual teaching needs and/or those at high risk for discharge planning.
4. Leadership - With assistance, develops goals to promote professional growth or minimize limitations. Achieves goals and objectives within identified time frame or renegotiates with supervisor. Is knowledgeable about activities which facilitate intra/interdepartmental collaboration. Participates in development and achievement of unit goals and performance improvement activities. Effectively uses communication systems. Participates in promoting cost-effective care. Gives feedback to co-workers. Is aware of public policy and regulatory guidelines affecting the health care environment. Promotes a safe, clean and secure hospital environment for all
5. Patient Assessment - Recognizes data from complex situations to determine priorities for care. Includes appropriate physical, psychosocial, education and safety needs. Synthesizes assessment data into meaningful whole prior to communication to others. Assesses and anticipates discharge needs of individual patients and families. Develops relationships with families that promote their ability to advocate for the patient and their own needs.
6. Planning - Collaborates with patient/family to prepare or update the plan of care. Makes use of available multidisciplinary resources in planning care. Begins to use full range of communication as a means to convey planning. Identifies and addresses cultural and ethnic issues in planning patient care. Demonstrates ability to prioritize tasks for patients with complex problems.
7. Research - Reads journals that contain studies or articles that may be applicable to practice. Brings ideas and questions to the staff at large for assessment of applicability.
- Graduation from a school of professional nursing.
- If hired after January 6, 2014, must be enrolled within four years of employment, and obtain a Bachelor's degree with a major in Nursing or a Master's degree with a major in Nursing within seven years of employment date.
- Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification
ACLS required for this role within orientation period, with UNC offering paid on site training. Specialty certification such as CRN Certification (Certified Radiology Nurse), RN-BC (Certified Cardiac-Vascular Nurse), & CPAN/CAPA Certification are considered an asset for candidates in this role.
Professional Experience Requirements:
- One (1) year of nursing experience.
One year of experience radiology, procedural, perioperative, emergency department, critical care, or intermediate care nursing is desired for this role.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Professional development and growth opportunities including certification, shared governance, and continuing education are supported for department staff.
Entity : UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit :
Work Type : Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week : 40.00
Work Schedule : Day Job
Location of Job : US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime : Non Exempt
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
UNC Health is an integrated health care system owned by the state of North Carolina and based in Chapel Hill. UNC Health is committed to empowering health, not just health care. From Magnet recognition to being named one of America’s Best Employers by Forbes Magazine, we’re proud to say that our hard work is consistently recognized, awarded, and celebrated.
UNC Health and our 33,000 employees, continue to serve as North Carolina’s Health Care System, caring for patients from all 100 counties and beyond our borders. We continue to leverage the world-class research conducted in the UNC School of Medicine, translating that innovation to life-saving and life-changing therapies, procedures, and techniques for the patients who rely on us.