Risk Officer - Guaranty Trust Bank plc Bachelor's Degree Job1 month ago - Banking Jobs - Lagos - 604 views
Purpose of the Job
- The Risk Officer will assist the Group Chief Risk and Compliance Officer in providing oversight of the Group’s spectrum of risk-taking activities encompassing economic risks including credit, market, liquidity, capital and country, as well as other core risks including operational, model, conduct, and reputational risk.
- He/she is responsible for coordinating all business units to assist in the identification, monitoring, and reporting of risks taken throughout the Group.
- Provide support in designing a robust risk management strategy for the Group with over 10 subsidiaries across Africa and across different financial services businesses
- Provide support in setting the risk appetite levels for the Group, and the further defining risk limits for each subsidiary
- Provide guidance to ensure that adequate risk management policies are designed, and well implemented by subsidiaries
- Oversee monitoring of macro-economic activities that may affect the Group’s business activities, to proactively identify and assess the impact of risks and opportunities inherent in the Group’s business operations
- Provide oversight and guidance for conducting stress tests on the Group’s consolidated risk exposure
- Manage the risk identification and risk mitigation procedures of the Group
- Provide support in the creation of risk analysis report and disseminate it to relevant stakeholders including the risk committee, board members and group executives
- Advocate and support the culture of informed risk-taking and heighten awareness and use of advanced risk management practices through training programs and coaching
- Raise awareness of relevant rules and regulations from statutory and regulatory bodies within Banking and other financial services
Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or Legal (Master’s Degree is an additional advantage)
- Local and international certifications in Risk management, such as Certificate in Risk Management (CIRM)
- Strong understanding of development and trends in both international and African financial sectors, as well as regulations and trends in these markets
- Deep knowledge and understanding of both banking and general financial markets regulatory environment
- Strong understanding of Enterprise Risk management concepts, frameworks to proactively identify risks inherent in business operations that can have negative strategic implications for the Group
- Strong knowledge on portfolio risk management techniques, e.g. key risk metrics for players in the financial markets, capital management, database management, risk analysis etc.
- Good analytical & problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years working experience across risk management, policies and regulations in the financial services sector
- Demonstrated capacity to translate commercial strategies into risk profiles and risk assessments
- Proven participation in implementing and managing Enterprise Risk Management strategy and governance, risk and compliance activities
- Deep knowledge and experience in risk functions including credit, market, liquidity, capital and country and a broad understanding of the regulatory environment and compliance issues
- Experience in building or implementing risk and compliance controls across a group of difference financial services companies
- Ability to build relationships with senior leaders, and external agencies
- Exceptional strategic thinking and analysis capabilities
- Ability to exert sound judgment and discretion; assure confidentiality
- Ability to build strong network with regulatory bodies and government authorities
- Good standing and assertiveness, with excellent teamwork attitude, with proven ability to influence and coordinate team beyond his/her own department
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, changing organization
- Ability to effectively plan, set priorities, and manage several complex projects
Application Closing Date
21st June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Guaranty Trust Bank plc is a foremost Nigerian financial institution with vast business outlays spanning Anglophone West Africa and the United Kingdom. The Bank presently has an Asset Base of over 2 Trillion Naira, shareholders funds of over 200 Billion Naira and employs over 10,000 people in Nigeria, Cote dIvoire, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Uganda and the United Kingdom.