Risk and Policy Manager - Girls on the Run International Relevant Educational Qualifications Job5 months ago - Administrative / Management Jobs - Charlotte - 153 views
The Risk and Policy Manager is a strong project manager who will lead and support different risk management and policy projects across the organization. The Risk and Policy manager is responsible for the design and administration of organization wide risk management programs, serves as liaison with insurance representatives and other professionals, advises leadership on strategies and serves as the organization’s subject matter expert in these areas. The ideal candidate for this position will be comfortable working in an entrepreneurial, growing environment and will have the ability to think strategically but also execute.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Review and manage regular updates to policy manuals
- Identify and address policies so that councils and the organization provide quality programming, an inclusive environment, uphold GOTR values, and mitigate risk
- Work collaboratively with all departments to assist with policy development
- Make recommendations for organizational, operational, policy, and procedural improvements
- Ensure employees and councils are adhering to Organization’s policies
- Develop and execute systematic review of all risk related documents
- Working alongside General Counsel, review new major contracts and business initiatives with risk management lens
- Support legal General Counsel in a variety of compliance-oriented tasks
- Support legal General Counsel in IP protecting the Organization’s IP
- Manage accident and incident logs
- Build risk awareness across the Organization by providing support and training, serving as Organization’s SME for risk management
- Lead topical risk management task forces with councils as needed
- Working with Senior Leadership, direct the Organization’s risk management program by developing a comprehensive risk assessment process analyzing current and potential risks
- Develop ERM tools, practices and policies to analyze and report risks and to manage risks according to the ERM framework
- Provides recommendations for level of risk Organization is willing to take
- Oversee annual organization insurance renewals developing recommendations to align our insurance portfolio with the Organization’s risk
- Manage insurance compliance and waiver log
- Track and prepare reports on claims and other insurance related matters
- Manage the relationship with insurance policy vendors
- Serve as a Girls on the Run role model, exhibiting GOTR core values and working to help achieve the GOTR mission
- Develop positive relationships with council staff, volunteers, board members, community members, vendors, and staff
- Any other duties deemed necessary by the Chief Financial Officer
- 3+ years’ professional experience in risk management preferred
- Experience working cross-functionally
- Ability to understand broad business issues
- Great communication and presentation skills
- Possesses analytical and strategic problem-solving skills
- Understand and promote organizational culture that maintains high ethical behavior
- Thrives in fast paced and growing environment
- Passion for empowering girls to reach their limitless potential!
This position is offering a compensation range of $52,000- $58,000, depending on experience. Girls on the Run International offers a generous PTO plan, medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, short-term disability coverage, 401k plan with employer match and professional development opportunities.
Interested applicants should apply online at https://www.girlsontherun.org/Who-We-Are/Work-With-Us. A cover letter is required and should address applicant’s experience and fit to job description. The application deadline is March 16, 2020.