Residential Specialist - Domestic Violence Shelter, Manhattan Overnight Bachelor's Degree Job1 month ago - NGO/Non-Profit Jobs - New York City - 116 views
Residential Specialists are engaged in maintaining a safe, secure and orderly environment in Safe Horizon’s residential facilities. Day to day, Residential Specialists is the primary contact for resident’s questions and concerns.
- Learn and integrate a trauma-informed, client-centered approach, using an anti-oppressive lens, into your work with clients.
- Interact with clients to facilitate their transition to the shelter;
- Advise clients of available resources;
- Maintains a safe and secure facility;
- Responds to requests and inquiries from residents;
- Understands and follows emergency procedures, including fire procedures;
- Sorts and organizes donations of food, clothing, etc;
- Conducts room checks as needed;
- Supervises residents’ daily communal tasks to ensure facility stays clean;
- Distributes household supplies;
- Keeps activity logs;
- Answers phones and acts as a receptionist for the facility;
- Assists with bed utilization by helping with apartment preparation; and
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
High School Diploma/GED and two years experience working in residential facilities or relevant experience.
Computer skills a plus,
Excellent verbal communications skills are required. Basic computer skills are preferred. Strong customer service skills are a plus.
Schedule: Monday: 7:30p-7:00a / Thursday: 7:00p-7:30a / Saturday: 7:00p-7:30a
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
Please follow this link to view complete EEO Law and complaint filing information:
How to Apply
Please submit your application on: https://safehorizon.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=1&id=1358
Established in 1978, Safe Horizon is the largest non-profit victim services agency in the United States. We touch the lives of more than 250,000 children, adults, and families affected by crime and abuse throughout New York City each year. Safe Horizon partners with governmental and other community agencies and also advocates for policies on a local, state, and national level on behalf of those affected by violence and abuse.
We provide compassionate and expert support for people who have experienced domestic and intimate partner violence, child physical and sexual abuse, rape and sexual assault, human trafficking, stalking, youth homelessness and other forms of violence, crime or abuse.