Residential Adjunct Instructor - Nursing Relevant Educational Qualifications Job1 month ago - Other categories - Minnetonka - 9 views
Adjunct Nursing Faculty report to the Dean of Nursing.
Adjunct faculty members are primarily responsible for communicating with students and other University staff related to teaching and learning. Faculty are expected to:
- Communicate both verbally and in writing with students in regards to feedback on student performance on a consistent basis throughout the course and as required by the Faculty Expectations
- Be available for students via phone, email and for individual appointments as needed for questions and academic assistance as determined and outlined in the Faculty Expectations
- Respond to Dean/University staff in regards to performance, student issues/concerns, or items needed for faculty file/accreditation needs in a timely manner
- Appropriate behavior, language, professional communication, demeanor and dress will be exhibited at all times
The essential function of the position include, but are not limited to the following tasks, duties, and responsibilities consistent with the function. The employee is expected to perform all other duties as requested, directed, and/or assigned. Adjunct faculty will be assigned up to 3 work units per academic quarter.
Teaching Effectiveness: Professionalism, Use of Technology, and Content Expertise
- Dynamic, Active Classroom
- Use of effective teaching strategies and multiple teaching techniques; teaching and modeling appropriate level learning skills and creating an environment conducive to learning
- Creating high levels of student engagement through activities, community building, and student-centered learning including the use of live classroom tools to hold synchronous learning sessions with students
- Clarity, relevance, and connection of class session objectives to course performance objectives
- Organized classroom and efficient use of class time
- Subject Matter Expertise
- Demonstrate mastery and ability to articulate and relate to students
- Play an integral role in the development and implementation of curriculum and assessment for their area of expertise
- Student and University Support and Professionalism:
- Faculty are responsible for creating a classroom presence in support of students in collaboration with their Dean
- Student support and outreach that supports the success of students is accomplished through faculty availability to students in all courses through synchronous or asynchronous communication and meetings to help students achieve the learning objectives for their course(s)
- Faculty Meetings and other responsibilities:
- Faculty will attend events, programmatic meetings, and committee work as agreed upon and/or designated by the Dean
- Professional Development
- Faculty must complete a minimum of six (6) Rasmussen Educational Units (REUs) annually or two (2) REUs per quarter for each quarter you teach (whichever is less) between the combined areas of Teaching Development and Development in Discipline on an annual basis as described in the faculty handbook
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a registered Nurse
- Self-motivated, flexible, and able to work in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with students, leadership, and peers.
- Excellent written communication and strong verbal communication skills in the English language.
Education, certifications and Licensures:
- Master's Degree in Nursing. Rasmussen University follows the requirements set by the Department of Education, accrediting agencies, and the states in which the campuses operate. (exemptions are made in some fields of study where lower credential is appropriate with approval)
- Must have an active registered nurse license that has never been encumbered
- Must be able to provide official transcripts for each degree earned from an accredited institution before teaching
- Active CPR certification administered by either the American Heart Association or The American Red Cross
- Clinical faculty must adhere to Rasmussen University's policy on faculty immunizations and provide proper documentation.
At Rasmussen, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to supporting and encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome our employee's differences regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
If you are a passionate and motivated individual who is interested in a dynamic, team-oriented culture, please take a look at our current openings. Positions are available at our campuses in Florida, Illinois, Minnesota, North Dakota, Kansas and Wisconsin, as well as at our central offices in Chicago, Orlando and the Twin Cities.