Research & Development Business Manager Relevant Educational Qualifications Job5 months ago - Agriculture / Agro-Allied Jobs - Brawley - 110 views
Helena Agri-Enterprises' R&D facility in California is looking for an individual who has a passion for research and all aspects of the product development lifecycle. The Research & Development Business Manager will be our liaison to the sales team and take products from pre-patent benchtop chemistry to commercialization and launch. This person will not only be the subject matter expert others look to for guidance to help pave the path for commercialized products, but also manage our field based R&D operation and its staff.
The employee's primary duty must be the performance of office and/or work in the field directly related to the management or general business operations of Helena or Helena's customers. This also includes the exercise of discretion and independent judgement with respect to matters of significance.
What your day may look like
- Manages all facets of the field based R&D Operation within the territory assigned.
- Oversight, management, training and recruitment of R&D staff.
- Prepares, reviews and manages budgets and P&L statement for assigned profit center.
- Manages and delegates assignments to appropriate R&D staff.
- Manages and participates in the application and evaluation of experimental and standard products in agricultural and specialty business sectors for their efficacy and performance.
- Actively identifies and establishes relationships with Development, Technical Service and Sales representatives for the recruitment of study assignments within territory.
- Establishes relationships with Helena field staff and growing community for placement of studies within territory.
- Serves as a technical lead for the development and launch of new technologies within their territory.
- Actively identifies new technology and methods for field development of products in agricultural and specialty markets with inclusion of phenotyping, drones, software systems and other new technologies.
- Reviews and compiles collected data and reports and communicates reports/findings to appropriate departments, vendors, academia, customers and others as needed. This includes making presentations at sales, training, supplier and professional meetings.
- Represents Helena at professional societies, outreach activities, grower and sales meetings, field days and other functions.
- Ensures all company policies are followed.
- Other work-related duties as assigned by leader.
- Reliable and regular attendance is expected.
Education and experience needed for this position
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in agronomy, weed science, entomology, pathology or related discipline, is required. Master's or PhD is preferred.
- Three years of related work experience is required.
- Two years of leadership experience is preferred.
- Intermediate understanding of statistics and data analysis is required.
- Must have QAL (Qualified Applicators License) or will need to immediately obtain.
Other skills that will help you succeed
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, good judgement and decision making skills.
- Consistently produces high quality data evaluation and presentations.
- Certified Crop Adviser (CCA) license and Pest Control Adviser (PCA).
- Written and verbal communication skills to small and large groups with ability to lead and influence.
- Detail and accuracy orientated with an ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office particularly Excel.
- Excellent knowledge with ARM or other equivalent field research software.
- Highly organized
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to coordinate a high level of activities under a variety of conditions and constraints.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with all members of the sales and marketing and HPG team.
Being a leader at Helena
At Helena, we lead by example. Our leaders are expected to demonstrate the same qualities that we value in our employees -- integrity, passion and accountability. When you become a leader at Helena, you are not just overseeing a team of people, you are inspiring and empowering those around you to be better each day. And when our leaders do that, success comes naturally.
In this leadership role, you will be responsible for the R&D associate, R&D technician and R&D intern staff. This includes carrying out leadership responsibilities such as interviewing, hiring, training and coaching employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees and addressing complaints and resolving problems by following all of Helena's policies, procedures and applicable laws.
Your work environment and the physical aspects of the job
At Helena, safety is our highest priority. We seek out extensive safety measures and put them in place to minimize exposure to anything that could be potentially harmful to our employees.
The work environment for this position may require the employee to work in an outdoor setting in all types of weather conditions with exposure to outdoor elements. When working outdoors and possibly around moving equipment/mechanical parts, the employee may be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, chemical and biological hazards, vibrations and a risk of electrical shock. This position requires you to use your hands for many different tasks and to talk, hear, walk, stand and sit. You may be occasionally required to lift or move up to 50 pounds.
Who we are
Helena Agri-Enterprises, LLC is one of the nation's foremost agronomy solutions providers. We rank near the top nationally in volume and sales for crop production products, fertilizer, custom application, seed and precision agriculture, turf management, industrial weed control, forestry, aquatics and more. As a solutions provider, we help our customers make critical decisions about soil variability, nutrient and water availability, seed selection and pest management. We take pride in working with our growers beyond the sale, helping them in every aspect of their business.
Helena operates under several main business groups -- Helena Products Group, AGRIntelligence, Helena Industries, LLC and Diversified Applications, Inc.
Helena is a special place to be
At Helena, we are family. Our employees take care of each other and support each other at work and in their personal life. Our family-like atmosphere creates a positive work environment that allows our employees to be high-performers because they feel comfort and compassion from their manager and work team. Our family-like culture is centered on our successful business model "People...Products...Knowledge." People being the first for good reason. When our employees are treated right and feel cared for, our customers thrive and our business grows.
Helena's commitment to diversity and inclusion
At Helena, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where all our employees feel safe, valued and have the opportunity to succeed. We embrace different backgrounds and human experiences because our customers are also diverse. When we all show deep appreciation for each other and our customers it builds trust that strengthens Helena and keeps us competitive.
Helena supports individuals with disabilities and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform job responsibilities.
Stay connected to Helena
For the latest job postings and company news, visit us at (please use the apply button below).
Helena is an equal opportunity employer.
Type here to search...
Helena Agri-Enterprises, LLC, headquartered in Collierville, Tennessee, is one of the foremost agronomic solutions providers in the United States. Helena markets and sells inputs that improve agricultural productivity for greater customer returns. This includes seed and seed treatments, fertilizer and application services, crop protectants, financial services and precision ag services. Helena also has its own line of products through Helena Products Group, which includes adjuvants, crop protection products, fertilizers, crop production products and seed treatments. Helena’s theme of People…Products…Knowledge… reinforces the company’s commitment to helping customers succeed through knowledgeable and dedicated people, useful and unique products and the latest proven technologies.