Request for Proposals: The Distribution of Muslim Alms Through the IRC Relevant Educational Qualifications Job4 months ago - Other categories - New York City - 92 views
The Service Provider will submit a comprehensive report that is guided by the below TORs:
- Develop a philosophy of Zakat that captures the most suitable school of jurisprudence taking into consideration the humanitarian and development contexts and the geographical swath of the IRC's operation and concentrating on bare-minimum requirements that are in-line with the majority of Zakat funders;
- Create metrics or a system of measurement to reasonably provide IRC's finances, banking, policies, and selected programs (current and new) with a clear set of principles to become and /or remain compliant with Zakat principles in terms of collection, management, and distribution;
- Audit selected IRC programs in minimum of three (3) priority countries and determine the level of Zakat compliance and where improvement is needed;
- Identify Zakat non-compliance risks and propose measures to alleviate/ find mitigations, and;
- Classify deficiencies and areas for improvement in term of Zakat management and delivery of services by the IRC.
- The Proposal must be expressed in English and the Financial Offer must be in US Dollar. Both should be valid for a minimum period of 90 days.
- Please submit your Proposal using the guidance provided. Proposals not conforming to the requested formats may be not taken into consideration.
- In the course of preparing the Proposal, it shall remain your responsibility to ensure that it is submitted on or before the deadline. Proposals that are received by IRC after the deadline indicated may not be considered for evaluation.
Payment Rate and Schedule:
100% payment upon delivery of satisfactory final product and invoice
Your proposal shall be submitted using the provided template here and include the following two documents:
- Completed Technical offer
- Completed Financial offer
Technical Offer: The Distribution of Muslim Alms Through the IRC
Please submit your Proposal guided by this format:
1. Organizational Architecture. Provide a brief description of the organization submitting the Proposal, including, if relevant, types of activities undertaken.
2. General Organizational Capability. Outline general organizational capabilities which are likely to affect performance (i.e., size of the organization, previous experiences, strength of project management).
3. Quality Assurance Procedures, Risk, and Mitigation Measures. Describe the potential risks for the performance of the TORs that may impact achievement and timely completion of expected results as well as their quality. Describe measures that will be put in place to mitigate these risks.
4. Relevance of Specialized Knowledge and Experience on Similar Projects. Detail of any specialized knowledge that may be applied to performance of the TORs. Include experiences in the MENA region. Experience with international organizations, HNWIs, or trusts and foundations is highly desirable.
Client (where permittable)
Period of performance (from/to)
Type of service(s) Performed
Proposed Work Plan and Approach (up to 200 words)
1. Analysis Approach, Methodology. Provide a description of the organization's approach, methodology, and timeline for how the organization will achieve the TORs.
2. Management - Timeline, Deliverables and Reporting. Provide a description of how the management for the requested services will be implemented in regard to the TORs.
Additional Information, if need be (up to 200 words)
Financial Offer: The Distribution of Muslim Alms Through the IRC
Please submit your financial offer guided by this format:
1. As an international humanitarian organization, the IRC is dependent upon on donations for its activities. For this reason, Proposers are requested to put forward the best and most cost-effective solution to meet the IRC requirements, while ensuring a high-quality of service.
2. Please provide cost breakdown by component, where possible, and include the total cost of performing the TORs and the lead time required.
3. IRC will give the highest score to the Proposal with the lowest price among the proposals received.
4. Please ensure that your offer is as competitive as possible.
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a leading nonsectarian, voluntary organization providing relief, protection and resettlement services for refugees and victims of oppression or violent conflict. One element of IRC’s work is to provide assistance for refugees resettling in the United States. The IRC opened an office in Phoenix, Arizona in 1994 and after in Tucson, Arizona in 1997 to provide reception and placement services for newly arrived refugees. The offices resettle refugees and provides numerous program services for refugees and related vulnerable populations throughout their integration process in Arizona.