Registrar Relevant Educational Qualifications Job1 month ago - Other categories - Joplin - 71 views
General Statement of Job
The Registrar directs and coordinates university records and registration activities to ensure integrity of all student academic records by performing duties personally or through staff. This position assists current, former, and prospective students as well as faculty, staff, and external constituencies with questions regarding academic history, including grades and transcript, graduation, enrollment, and registration.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Oversees permanent student academic records, including additions and corrections, and the proper disposal of records following the Missouri Secretary of State and AACRAO guidelines.
Maintains the Student Information System (SIS) software system for the services related to the student model services. Responsible for software upgrades, implementation of and integration of third party software for the office and works collaboratively with implementations of software purchased by other university offices.
Utilizes systems, benchmarking data, and other data sources to help track enrollment patterns and/or identify opportunities to support student retention and graduation.
Responsible for building registration in the SIS, running the End-of-Term processes for the posting of final grades and, maintains curricula in the SIS.
Oversees class rosters for faculty.
Supervises the evaluation of transfer credit, military experience and schooling, alternative course credits, and articulation agreements. Establishes policies and procedures for course articulation and monitors federal and state requirements. Responsible for state initiatives including the Missouri Reverse Transfer, CORE 42 and MOTR.
Oversees and posts credit earned by Departmental Exams and assists in the development of these policies with the academic departments.
Acts as primary contact for National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) to certify student enrollment, earned degrees, Student Tracker and other permissible information. Serves as the institutional NSC manager.
Responsible for working with the external auditors to ensure annual financial Title IV compliance pertaining to enrollment and degree reporting.
Educates the campus community and enforces campus-wide compliance regarding the regulations of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
Ensures proper compliance with subpoenas, court orders, and requests for information under the Solomon Act and assist with Missouri Sunshine Law open records requests.
Supervises official and unofficial transcripts to students and third parties as appropriately requested and responsible for the functional maintenance of third party integration with the NSC.
Supervises degree conferral, posting of degrees, mailing diplomas, and related commencement activities. Coordinates the contracts of graduation regalia. Participates in preparations of the Commencement program and attends ceremonies.
Oversees the degree audit system, working collaboratively with the academic departments.
Writes and edits text for the schedule (Course Offering) book and catalog.
Implements class registration procedures, including informing faculty and students of registration procedures.
Ensures compliance with National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) through the oversight of the transfer and continuing student-athlete eligibility certification process.
Strong communication skills required to produce, disseminate, and implement new polices and changes to existing policy including training to campus constituents. This includes benchmarking policies and monitoring state and federal requirements.
Develops competent and effective staff by hiring, supervising, and evaluating personnel of the department.
Responsible for the administration of annual budget and approves related expenditures.
Actively participates in campus and state and/or national committees and organizations.
The scope of the job may require some evening and weekend work.
Performs other related duties as required.
Education, Experience, and Licenses
Education: Master’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: Three to five years of full-time experience in higher education with demonstrated progressive increase in responsibilities, preferably in the university/college registrar office or related unit. Demonstrated experience in using technology applications related to academic and/or admissions records including SIS, degree audit, and registration. Two years of successful supervisory/managerial experience and training experience.
Experience with Banner and Degree Works. Strong ability to analyze and interpret data. Experience in change management, implementation and interpreting of policy, and FERPA.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of administrators, faculty, staff, students, and the general public.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from students, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to use (or quickly learn) the Student Information System Database software system; ability to effectively communicate orally (in person and by telephone) and in writing.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Ability to work in a positive team-oriented manner with a variety of people (students, faculty, administrators, staff, vendors and members of the public).
- Requires supervisory responsibilities.
- Requires the ability to be accountable for inventory/property management.
- Requires the ability to manage the budget within assigned department.
- Requires the ability to oversee purchasing authority up to $3,000 without approval from supervisor.
- Requires the ability to use small office equipment, including copy machines or multi-line telephone systems.
- Requires the ability to use computers for data entry and programming. Must be proficient with Microsoft suite.
- Requires the ability to use computers for word processing and/or accounting purposes.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, feel or use a computer keyboard; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear (including the use of a telephone). The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Requires color and depth perception.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above job profile does not include all essential and nonessential duties of this job. All employees with disabilities are encouraged to contact Human Resources to review and discuss the essential and nonessential functions of the job. An employee with a disability can evaluate the job in greater detail to determine if she/he can safely perform the essential function of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Have you heard about the awesome benefits of working for MSSU? Check out our phenomenal benefits package by clicking here.