Registered Midwife Relevant Educational Qualifications Job1 month ago - Medical / Healthcare Jobs - Lagos - 187 views
Employment Type: Full Time
- A Midwife has a range of responsibilities, including the care of mother and baby, adhering to hospital policy and maintaining an awareness of issues such as health and safety.
- Diagnosing, monitoring and examining women during pregnancy;
- Developing, assessing and evaluating individual programs of care;
- Providing full antenatal care, including screening tests in the hospital, community and the home;
- Identifying high risk pregnancies and making referrals to doctors and other medical specialists;
- Arranging and providing parenting and health education;
- Providing counseling and advice before and after screening and tests;
- Offering support and advice following events such as miscarriage, termination, stillbirth, neonatal abnormality and neonatal death;
- Supervising and assisting mothers in labour, monitoring the condition of the foetus and using knowledge of drugs and pain management;
- Giving support and advice on the daily care of the baby, including breastfeeding, bathing and making up feeds;
- Liaising with agencies and other health and social care professionals to ensure continuity of care;
- Engaging in professional development to meet PREP (post-registration education and practice) requirements;
- Participating in the training and supervision of junior colleagues.
- Strictly adhere to clinical guidelines and standard operating procedures set by the hospital management.
- Administer medications, monitor desirable and undesirable effects and intervene appropriately.
- Ensure that patients are provided with appropriate nutrition.
- Demonstrate required assessment and therapeutic skills.
- Analyse the assessment data, derive nursing interventions, set priorities according to patients’ needs, formulate a plan of care, implement and evaluate the outcome.
- Involve the patient, significant others, and health care providers in the plan of care when appropriate.
- The ideal candidate goes one step further by being a critical thinker, fast to act in emergencies.
- The candidate must be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria as staff nurse (RN) / Midwife (RM).
- Applicant must have at least three (3) years experience in taking delivery and must possess a current practicing licence.
- Treat patients and families with care and respect while maintaining patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Must have clinical experience in direct patient care.
- Excellent knowledge of aseptic and sterile techniques.
- Solid understanding of patient safety and precautions.
- In-depth knowledge of surgical operation procedures.
- Outstanding organizational ability.
- A great team player with excellent communication skills.
- Cool tempered with emotional and physical stamina
- Candidates should reside within ogba and its environs.
Education & Qualifications:
- Must be a Registered Midwife.
- At least 2 years work experience as a registered nurse
- Registered Midwifery program certificate
- Midwifery Certificate from the Nigerian Midwifery union
- Good critical thinking skills
- Clinical expertise and good judgment to manage the care of both mother and child
- Ability to function well on little sleep
- Ability to establish rapport with patients and families and work collaboratively on a professional and personal level.
- Must possess empathy and compassion
- Must be able to react quickly and appropriately in emergency situations.
Application Closing Date
31st January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Sigma has more than 41 consultants in major industries and provided services in 3 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position