Regional Sales Manager - Western US Relevant Educational Qualifications Job4 months ago - Sales / Retail / Business Development Jobs - Willowbrook - 74 views
The primary purpose of this position is to achieve revenue and operating profit growth targets through effective leadership of representatives in the given territory. The person should act as the Regional Business Leader (RBL) responsible for delivering sales, service and parts goals and building and strengthening their rep networks. He/she should meet with Reps to determine how to grow their business and provide an extraordinary sales and aftermarket experience, and he/she should implement key corporate initiatives and meet with customers to discuss their goals and needs and be the facilitator of information between SPX, the representatives, and the customers. He/she should meet with customers to discuss general conditions, repairs, upgrades, parts, and major modifications; prepare estimates and proposals as needed as well as performs project management functions. Additionally, the incumbent must know the activity level of competitors in their specific region and in each representative's territory. He/she must also meet booking/revenue numbers for the quarters and the year. The successful incumbent will demonstrate a clear sense of urgency and direction, and will inspire and lead representatives and associates in addition to effectively communicating with representatives, associates, engineers, and customers.
- Manage individual representatives with booking and revenue goals
- Develop, manage and evaluate reps and their growth plans
- Conduct quarterly reviews with representatives
- Actively pursue key accounts
- Work with the cross-functional sales team to maximize sales in the given territory
- Work with the proposal manager to properly communicate customer requirements
- Develop strategies for quoting opportunities and working with customers including setting pricing levels
- Keep the representatives focused on booking/revenue targets and progress towards the targets
- Contact and meet with customers to discuss all aspects of proposals and close opportunities
- Meet territory sales and gross margin goals
- Work with representatives to facilitate the territory's sales process (e.g. prospect, proposal, follow-up, close sale, order management, etc.)
- Develop and cultivate customer relationships by meeting with customers, conducting presentations, and discussing existing projects
- Regularly pass information to and from the representatives and SPX Cooling's headquarters to assist with sales and customer requests
- Discuss all active projects with the representatives and approve aggressive discount levels
- Perform yearly market assessments in designated rep territories
- Accurately portray pipeline to develop proper forecasts
- Manage and track territory pricing levels, discount levels, and gross margins
- Conduct regular conference calls with the representatives
- Complete additional duties as required by management (e.g. productivity goals, QMI session, etc.)
- Travel as necessary to support the representatives of the given territory
- Responsible for assigned region in the Americas
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred, notably in Engineering or another technical field
- 10+ years of experience in representative management and/or direct sales experience
- Knowledge of HVAC/cooling towers is helpful
- Aftermarket or distributor sales (representative management) experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to effectively manage data and understand analytics using a CRM / pipeline management tool
- Driver's license and proof of insurance
- Willingness to travel at least 50 percent of the time
- The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds
- Bending/stooping about five percent of the time
- Ability to effectively read from a computer screen and/or a paper copy
- Ability to handle a large volume of work and perform multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Ability to effectively verbally communicate
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office environment with varying degrees of noise levels
- May work outside and may be exposed to bad weather, heat, and/or excessive noise
Headquartered in Overland Park, Kansas, SPX Cooling Technologies, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of cooling towers, evaporative fluid coolers, evaporative condensers and air cooled heat exchangers providing full-service cooling solutions and support to customers in the power generation, petrochemical, industrial, refrigeration, and heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) markets for more than 100 years. SPX Cooling Technologies and its Marley and Recold product brands are part of SPX Corporation.
SPX is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
Thank you for your interest in our company.
Type here to search...
SPX Corporation (NYSE: SPXC) is, along with its subsidiaries, a diversified, global supplier of infrastructure equipment with scalable growth platforms in heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), detection, and measurement, and engineered solutions. With operations in 17 countries and approximately $1.4 billion in annual revenue, we offer a wide array of highly engineered products with strong brands.
Are you looking for a challenge and an exciting professional career path? At SPX Corporation, we’re driven by ingenuity with a focus on meeting our customers’ needs. We seek people who share our commitment to hard work, innovation, and doing whatever it takes to serve our customers.