Regional Safety Manager Relevant Educational Qualifications Job5 months ago - Other categories - Irvine - 21 views
The Regional Safety Manager will ensure proper training, coordinating, recordkeeping and oversight of Lennar's Injury Illness Prevention Program (IIPP) for divisions in one or more of Lennar's regions and will implement Lennar's safety program in accordance with federal, state and local requirements to ensure all employees have a safe environment in which to work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure Lennar's IIPP is being followed by Lennar's divisions.
- Assist Risk Management and Lennar divisions with the development, updating and managing of workplace safety procedures and programs to make the workplace safe and hazard free in nature.
- Provide practical and appropriate safety compliance guidance to all levels of the organization.
- Regularly interact with Lennar's associates assigned safety responsibility.
- Assist Lennar's divisions with the establishment of division safety committees and periodically attend division safety committee meetings.
- Monitor divisions and affiliates timely completion of division safety committee meetings, safety tailgate meetings and safety inspections.
- Monitor divisions and affiliates timely completion of safety tailgate meetings, safety inspections, and division safety committee meetings.
- Assist in the development of safety training and provide safety training for division safety associates and division associates in one or more regions.
- Participate and assist in the development of homebuilder safety alliances in regional markets.
- Prepare reports for senior level management.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and presentation of companywide safety training programs.
- Assist in the implementation of Lennar's Safety audit program including conducting safety audits and reporting.
- Assist divisions, Affiliates and the Office of General Counsel for matters relating to safety and safety related enforcement as needed.
- The Regional Safety Manager may be called upon to investigate accidents.
- Strive to reduce safety related notices of violation and subsequent future litigation, penalties and fines.
- Regulatory agency interaction as needed.
- Travel to corporate and division offices and Lennar communities in one or more regions required.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Seven (7) years minimum experience in homebuilding industry
- Seven (7) years combined practical experience in construction, risk management, construction technology, industrial hygiene/safety or similar, including time in the field
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred. Will consider work experience.
- 30 hour OSHA Outreach Certificate/Card
- OSHA Outreach Trainer #500 Certification and a CHST, ASP, or CSP or similar Certification preferred
- Possess working knowledge of the application of federal, state and local safety rules and regulations, accepted standards and company policies
- Must have strong writing and organizational skills; Detail oriented
- High degree of construction knowledge
- Team leader with strong work ethic
- Valid Driver's License and good driving record
- Computer literacy in data management software and Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Accepts constructive feedback
- Team player
Must be able to operate a motor vehicle. Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, lift, walk, move and/or carry equipment in excess of 20 pounds. Must be able to walk on uneven surfaces including ascending and descending stairs. Must have finger dexterity to operate computer keyboard and calculator.
Please see job description
Sales Associates at Lennar are members of an elite team that work to exceed both the expectations of our home buyers as well as their own earning potential by creating an Industry Leading sales experience for all involved. If you love to create experiences in a fast-paced, limitless environment, then join our sales team today!