Rector - Auchi Polytechnic Master's Degree Job1 week ago - Education / Teaching Job - Auchi - 532 views
Location: Auchi, Edo
- Subject to the Federal Polytechnic Act, as amended and general control of the Council, the Rector shall be the Chief Executive of the Polytechnic and shall be charged with general responsibility for matters relating to the day-to-day management operations of the Polytechnic.
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants for this position must possess a Master's Degree, preferably a Doctorate Degree from a recognized institution in any of the disciplines offered in the Polytechnic (viz Science, Technology, Commerce and Management) with a minimum of fifteen (15) years teaching experience, at least five (5) years of which must have been gained in a Polytechnic.
- Must be a Chief Lecturer in the Polytechnic sector with at least five (5) years experience on that rank.
- Must not be more than fifty-nine (59) years of age as at the time of application for the job.
- Must demonstrate evidence of strong academic, administrative and visionary leadership initiative and creativity in policy formulation, good human relations and positive managerial attributes.
- Must possess NYSC Discharge Certificate or Certificate of Exemption.
- Must provide evidence of membership of reputable professional body/bodies in Nigeria.
- Must provide evidence of sufficient scholarly publications in reputable international and local journals as well as presentation on invited papers at educational conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Must be proficient in Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
- Must be fair-minded and dynamic individuals with impeccable reputation.
- Must enjoy excellent physical and mental health (with evidence from a government hospital).
- Must be morally sound/should not be carrying a moral burden and free from financial embarrassment.
- Must be able to attract research grants and development facilities to the Polytechnic.
- Must be persons who are not likely to pursue racial, ethnic, gender, political, religious or other sectional interests.
- Must be persons with initiative and vision with the capacity to sustain the accelerated pace of development of the Polytechnic, even under financial and other challenging constraints.
- Must be persons who have respect for constituted authority.
- Candidates for the position of Rector must demonstrate evidence of strong academic and administrative leadership initiative and creativity in policy formulation, good human relations and positive managerial attributes.
Terms of Appointment
The Rector shall:
- Hold office for single tenure of five years beginning with the effective date of his appointment and such terms and conditions as may be specified in his letter of appointment;
- Have power to exercise general authority over staff and be responsible for discipline in the Polytechnic; and
- His remuneration shall be determined by the National Salaries and Wages Commission.
Application Closing Date
21st July, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are to attach to their Application, twenty-five (25) type written copies of their Curriculum Vitae, giving the information in the order listed below:
- Full Names (Surname First and Underlined)
- Date and Place of Birth
- State of Origin and Local Government Area
- Nationality and How Acquired
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Current postal address including telephone number (GSM) and e-mail
- Educational Institutions attended with Dates
- Academic and Professional Qualifications obtained with Dates
- Membership of Professional Bodies / Associations
- Academic / Scholarly Publications: National and International (in APA format)
- Books Published (where applicable)
- Honours and Distinctions (if any)
- Conferences attended and papers presented with dates. (National and International)
- Previous employer(s) and post(s) held with dates
- Present employment to include status, salary, duties and any other relevant experience
- Contributions to community and country
- Other activities outside current employment e.g consultancy etc.
- Statement of Vision, not exceeding one thousand (1,000) words for the Polytechnic (25 copies).
- Names of Addresses of three (3) Referees (Employer, Educational and Personal) who are to forward confidential reports directly to the Registrar, Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi, Edo State.
Applications are to be submitted in sealed envelope and marked "Application for the post of Rector" at the top left hand side of the envelope and addressed to:
The Registrar / Secretary to Council,
Auchi, Edo State.
- The Referees should be able to attest to the candidate’s claims to high academic and managerial capabilities as well as to the candidate’s notable uprightness.
- Applicants will be required to produce the originals of their Certificates and other relevant Credentials if invited for interview, photocopies will not be accepted but must accompany the application.
- Applicants must also be ready to support every claim with documentary evidence.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.