Reading ILT (Grade: 6-8) Relevant Educational Qualifications Job5 months ago - Other categories - Dallas - 208 views
Dallas ISD seeks dedicated and exceptional educators who believe in the district's mission of educating all students for success. Teaching in Dallas ISD provides the opportunity to become part of a movement focused on meeting the needs of all students. With innovation and achievement as key levers, Dallas ISD strives to become the premier urban school district.
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill requirements of the district's curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, Board of Trustee policies, and administrative regulations
- Serve as a demonstration classroom for a core content area
- Lead Professional Learning Communities (PLCs) for other teachers in the core content area
- Provide one-on-one assistance (coaching in the moment) to other teachers of the same content area
- Serve as the campus curriculum/content liaison for district initiatives in the specific content area
- Teach a minimum of one schedule period in the core content area
- Collaborate with administration and the campus instructional coaches on curriculum and coaching
- Establish efficient classroom management procedures
- Establish and maintain standards of pupil behavior
- Establish a system of students evaluation within the guidelines prescribed in state law or adopted by the school district Continually evaluate and record various aspects of students' progress and report to parents as needed and required
- Teach within the course of study for the subject area at the grade level as prescribed in state law or adopted by the school district Understand and plan lessons leading to subject area objectives and assume the responsibility for written lesson plans for substitutes
- Provide a variety of planned learning experiences using a variety of media and methods in order to motivate students and best utilize available time for instruction Identify pupil needs and cooperate with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students resolve health, attitude, and learning problems
- Be available for counseling with students and parents before and after school.
- Share the responsibility of interpreting the educational programs to the community through such activities as open house and PTA meetings Plan and coordinate the work of aides and other paraprofessional and student teachers (when applicable)
- Participate cooperatively with the principal to develop the system by which he/she will be evaluated in conformance with the district's uniform guidelines for evaluation a Keep accurate records of student information; compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required by the school and district
- Performs all other tasks and duties as assigned
- Regular and punctual attendance at the worksite is required for this position.
Selected individuals for Dallas Independent School District positions will be placed according to compensation guidelines. A campus-based employee may not as upon the posting process until the end of the current semester, unless approved by the chief officer - Human Capital Management. Federally funded personnel mu personnel activity reports or periodic certifications, as appropriate.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Travel throughout the district is integral to this job. A remote working environment /alternate work arrangement is not an option for campus-based employees/campus-based positions because regular and punctual attendance at the worksite and performing all duties at the worksite are essential job duties for all campus-based personnel.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required of this job:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university; valid Texas teacher certificate with required endorsements for subject and subject level assigned.
- Evaluation Rating of Proficient I or higher; preferred
- Experience in Middle School; preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of teaching experience
- Demonstrated general knowledge of curriculum and instruction.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various routine tasks, duties, and procedures and the ability to follow specific instructions with little or no previous experience. Present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, Board of Trustee policies, and administrative regulations.
- Establish efficient classroom management procedures.
- Demonstrated flexibility to cope with the challenges of a rapidly changing world.
- Demonstrated willingness to remain current with the latest developments in the profession.
If you would like to work in a school district that is innovative, diverse, and focused on your professional growth, then consider applying to teach at Dallas Independent School District. Dallas ISD is the 2nd largest school district in Texas, serving over 155,000 students. Dallas ISD prides itself in outperforming the state in the 2019 state rating system and continues to be on the cutting edge of educational opportunities.
Though Dallas ISD is a large district, the individual learning experiences make each campus unique. Our schools include single-gendered education, dual-language programs, Montessori and personalized learning, Collegiate Academies, IB programs and more.